Mid Season Mock

Bobby816

Not going to say anyone gets fired at this point.

Resign

Jordan Jenkins

Neville Hewitt

Lachlan Edwards

Brian Poole

Steve McClendon

Trevor Siemian

Demaryius Thomas

Cut

Kelvin Beachum

Kelechi Osemele

Avery Williamson

Tru Johnson

Daryl Roberts

Brian Winters

Free Agency

RT: Jack Conklin: Sures up RT for us

OG: Brandon Scherff: Sures up RG for us

OL: Hala Vaitai: Can play pretty much any position on the OL and battle for starting spot everywhere. Has ties to JD as well

CB: Logan Ryan: Hard working CB that tackles well and can cover.

CB: Jimmy Smith: Vet CB that has ties to JD.

Edge: Dante Fowler Jr: Finally we get an edge rusher.

WR: Nelson Agholor: We need depth at WR and Agholor can start on the outside for us.

Draft (I have us drafting 3rd overall)

1st: Andrew Thomas (LT/Georgia): Franchise LT for us. We continue to rebuild the OL.

2nd: Creed Humphrey (C/Oklahoma): Our best draft was going Brick, Mangold. We repeat with this.

3rd: Tylan Wallace (WR/Oklahoma State): Complete WR. Doesn't do anything great, but does everything good.

3rd (from NYG): Terrell Lewis (Edge/Alabama): Injury concerns have him slip. This guy is a top pass rusher purely on skill though.

4th: Bryce Hall (CB/Virginia): This guy was a 1st Rounder but got injured and wont be able to play in 2020. We stash him bc we cant win now anyway.

5th: Najee Harris (RB/Alabama): Can learn behind Bell for a year or 2. Similar body types, so I feel its a good pairing.

6th: Cole Kmet (TE/Notre Dame): Can be that 1-2 punch potentially with Herndon. Depth if nothing else since Wesco is a fail.

7th: Dominik Eberle (K/Utah State): We need a reliable young kicker. Just draft one.

Summary is that we completely rebuilt the OL, which for me should be the focus of the offseason. This should help us big time.

LT: Thomas

LG: Vaitai or Lewis

C: Humphrey

RG: Scherff

RT: Conklin

We add 2 edges in Fowler and Lewis to go along with Jenkins already. Another need gets addressed

WR we let Robby walk but resign DT and sign Agholor and draft Wallace. Rounds out a solid WR group and can allow us to go after a WR harder in 2021.

At CB we add Ryan and Smith and a huge potential guy in Hall. Which shouldn't make CB a glaring hole anymore.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not going to say anyone gets fired at this point.

Resign

Jordan Jenkins

Neville Hewitt

Lachlan Edwards

Brian Poole

Steve McClendon

Trevor Siemian

Demaryius Thomas

Cut

Kelvin Beachum

Kelechi Osemele

Avery Williamson

Tru Johnson

Daryl Roberts

Brian Winters

Free Agency

RT: Jack Conklin: Sures up RT for us

OG: Brandon Scherff: Sures up RG for us

OL: Hala Vaitai: Can play pretty much any position on the OL and battle for starting spot everywhere. Has ties to JD as well

CB: Logan Ryan: Hard working CB that tackles well and can cover.

CB: Jimmy Smith: Vet CB that has ties to JD.

Edge: Dante Fowler Jr: Finally we get an edge rusher.

WR: Nelson Agholor: We need depth at WR and Agholor can start on the outside for us.

Draft (I have us drafting 3rd overall)

1st: Andrew Thomas (LT/Georgia): Franchise LT for us. We continue to rebuild the OL.

2nd: Creed Humphrey (C/Oklahoma): Our best draft was going Brick, Mangold. We repeat with this.

3rd: Tylan Wallace (WR/Oklahoma State): Complete WR. Doesn't do anything great, but does everything good.

3rd (from NYG): Terrell Lewis (Edge/Alabama): Injury concerns have him slip. This guy is a top pass rusher purely on skill though.

4th: Bryce Hall (CB/Virginia): This guy was a 1st Rounder but got injured and wont be able to play in 2020. We stash him bc we cant win now anyway.

5th: Najee Harris (RB/Alabama): Can learn behind Bell for a year or 2. Similar body types, so I feel its a good pairing.

6th: Cole Kmet (TE/Notre Dame): Can be that 1-2 punch potentially with Herndon. Depth if nothing else since Wesco is a fail.

7th: Dominik Eberle (K/Utah State): We need a reliable young kicker. Just draft one.

Summary is that we completely rebuilt the OL, which for me should be the focus of the offseason. This should help us big time.

LT: Thomas

LG: Vaitai or Lewis

C: Humphrey

RG: Scherff

RT: Conklin

We add 2 edges in Fowler and Lewis to go along with Jenkins already. Another need gets addressed

WR we let Robby walk but resign DT and sign Agholor and draft Wallace. Rounds out a solid WR group and can allow us to go after a WR harder in 2021.

At CB we add Ryan and Smith and a huge potential guy in Hall. Which shouldn't make CB a glaring hole anymore.

I like your draft picks very much,, some of the cuts I didn't like. That defensive back Harrison, was beaten on every pass yesterday. He can't cover anybody, he should be on the cut list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I'd sign up for that OL alone - would be very happy with this overall. 

A little surprised you didn't invest more heavily in WR but obviously you can only fill so many holes, glad you kept it realistic. 

I’d like for us to go after WR more but I care more about the OL and I think JD does as well. I also think he values edge. So I think OL and Edge will be the splash money FAs. If we have enough money I could see us go after a bigger WR than Agholor. Cooper is a guy to keep an eye on. Dallas can’t pay all these guys. 

• Like 1

Great off season. I actually expect something like this - a revamping of our OL, and a push for edge rushers and CBS.  The only thing is if QBs go 1,2, I’d be hard pressed not to take Chase Young. My best case scenario would be to trade down to 5 or 6, still get Thomas or Wirfs and pick up at least a 2nd.  Worst case take Young and use the extra 3rd on a Trey Adams or Jedrick Willis

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Great off season. I actually expect something like this - a revamping of our OL, and a push for edge rushers and CBS.  The only thing is if QBs go 1,2, I’d be hard pressed not to take Chase Young. My best case scenario would be to trade down to 5 or 6, still get Thomas or Wirfs and pick up at least a 2nd.  Worst case take Young and use the extra 3rd on a Trey Adams or Jedrick Willis

There’s several good edges in FA. Obviously we have no clue who will resign, get tagged, etc. But the class consists of good talent and depth and I think we for sure get a guy. And Jenkins isn’t bad at all and I have ya getting Lewis who is a 1st Round talent when on the field. I think he slips bc he’s pretty much got injured every year.

I’ll take it. The structure of this mock is my ideal offseason. Get 2 starting OL and Edge in FA. Use the first for a LT and use a second day pick on the OL. The rest is gravy.

I do expect us to trade Jamal though. I think we saw enough from him and that it’s best to just move on. I wonder what the mystery team offered. It was supposedly better than the Cowboys 1st and 5th. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’ll take it. The structure of this mock is my ideal offseason. Get 2 starting OL and Edge in FA. Use the first for a LT and use a second day pick on the OL. The rest is gravy.

I do expect us to trade Jamal though. I think we saw enough from him and that it’s best to just move on. I wonder what the mystery team offered. It was supposedly better than the Cowboys 1st and 5th. 

A 1st and a 5th for Adams is nothing. Considering what Ramsey went for. I think Adams is staying here. I think his image with the fan base will never be the same. But he will still be a Jet and have time to still be looked at as a leader down the line. I also think JD knows what his value is and will refuse to give him up for less. And fact is that SS isn't a valuable position to give up a huge package for... so we in essence have to keep him.

LOVE how you rebuilt the OL in this mock. I've been saying that the Jets need 5 new starters on the OL next season & you did just that.

The only two things i'd do differently is double dip at WR instead of drafting a TE. I belive Ryan Griffin can be the #2 TE for the Jets & being that it is a deep WR class, the Jets can possibly get a solid player at that pick. I'd also keep Avery Williamson, I'd like to see how the pairing of him & CJ do (especially with a new DC because we all know this staff is getting sent packing).

Other than that, sign me up for this mock offseason!

Edited by JetsDH23
forgot a topic

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A 1st and a 5th for Adams is nothing. Considering what Ramsey went for. I think Adams is staying here. I think his image with the fan base will never be the same. But he will still be a Jet and have time to still be looked at as a leader down the line. I also think JD knows what his value is and will refuse to give him up for less. And fact is that SS isn't a valuable position to give up a huge package for... so we in essence have to keep him.

The cowboys offered a 1 and 3 and if that’s still on the table I honestly think he’s gone. Jets fans are done with this guy and honestly that’s more than what we got for Revis. Jamal isn’t Ramsey not does he have the same impact. Jamal is a great S, one of the best, but between his negativity,  BS twitter posts and complete lack of leadership, it would be much wiser to move on. When we likely go 2-14 or 3-13 it’s going to be hard not to justify completely ripping apart the whole car and start rebuilding the engine. Jamal is like having a brand new mustang but the motor is shot. 

1 hour ago, JetsDH23 said:

LOVE how you rebuilt the OL in this mock. I've been saying that the Jets need 5 new starters on the OL next season & you did just that.

The only two things i'd do differently is double dip at WR instead of drafting a TE. I belive Ryan Griffin can be the #2 TE for the Jets & being that it is a deep WR class, the Jets can possibly get a solid player at that pick. I'd also keep Avery Williamson, I'd like to see how the pairing of him & CJ do (especially with a new DC because we all know this staff is getting sent packing).

Other than that, sign me up for this mock offseason!

I only have us cutting Williamson to free up money. Maybe we keep him and see who we can and cant get (that would be ideal) and if we have the money leftover. Keep him. I don't not like Avery. I just thought in order to make this offseason happen... we might have to get rid of his salary. But maybe not.

• Like 1