29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown
    • The Bills Mafia
    • ***I can't read and am picking the Browns***

15 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

@MWil23 I like your thread on this thanks for the laugh...Just curious why does your QB's new look remind me of Pablo Escobar in the Netflix show Narcos, not the early episodes but the late ones when he gained a bunch of weight? Heck throw some 1970s glasses on him and he can have a part as a serial killer in Mindhunters

I'm not sure. Pablo Escobar was a feared man.

I would assume that my "offseason vs. Week 10" comparison on the OP should suffice as an explanation.

I am excited to see this game.....and maybe my mindset is different from a lot of my Brothers in here.

I know we have the talent (when healthy and not suspended) to win a SB, but I took a realistic view of the season, it was set up with 2 strikes against us already, Brand new Coaching staff with a bunch of really good coaches (I knew they would take time to gel), a talented team but a team set up to depend on rookies, Sophomores (potential for the dreaded "Soph Slump") and 1rst year Free agents (that missed most or all of Training Camp), that coupled with our early injuries AND playing 5 playoff teams in the 1rst 7 games, including BOTH participants from the SB last year (on the Road)......I thought we would be 4-4 right now (I thought we would beat Tenn and Den), so while 2-6 is not good....its not a disaster in my mind...I can see it being a disaster if someone thought, in spite of ALL that just listed, they thought the HC will look like a 15 year vet with 2 SB rings, well stay healthy, no one will have a Soph Slump and all the Free agents will instantly blend and have chemistry and we will transition to a 4-2-5 defense flawlessly (a defense predicated on DB's which we have not had a full compliment since week1) and we will be 7-1 right now with a lone loss to the Patriots or Ravens.....then I think the expectation was set incorrectly.

After loosing to Tenn and Denver, I think our division title hopes are cooked this season.....IF we had won those 2 games, and sitting at 4-4 I think we would be firmly in pole position for a division title, with a Wild Card spot firmly in hand. Now loosing to Ten and Den, those are the type of teams we would be fighting to make the playoffs, we dont hold tie breakers. A win this week keeps us on life support, as far as wild card.

I want to see this team keep maturing, I want to see the coaches keep getting better at blending their systems and styles, and I need to see who the Leaders on this team are....I dont feel we have any Vet leaders right now. I would love from some of the young guys to emerge in those roles. I would like to see us go on a run and make it interesting at the end of the year.....we are 2-6.....IF we focus and work one week at a time, we can be 3-6 after this week....LONG way to go...but stranger things have happened....

At one point in time, the Washington Nationals were 19-31 and Fans were calling for the manager to get fired in June and July....IJS....

• Like 3

As bad as this season has been. One major positive is that we are young and can look forward to trying to developing guys still. At least we are not a old team with a window closing.

Love watching Myles and Chubb. Kareem Hunt will be fun watching too.

Edited by candyman93