Week 10 GDT - Chargers @ Raiders - Thursday Night Football, baby!

RaidersAreOne

Who wins on Thursday?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Thursday?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs
    • The San Diego... I mean Los Angeles team
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

I was debating going cause I’m off Thursdays not Sundays (work Sunday at 5pm right after games). But tickets went up like 60% right after the Lion game. Yikes. 

I went to the 2017 TNF Chiefs vs Raiders. Best game I’ve ever been to in my life across any sport. Lost my voice. Literally. 

hope Trent and Hudson are ready to go this week. Big test vs AFC West Rival. Jacobs had a big workload yesterday, but hes young so hopefully he recoups in time and is ready to continue to ball out. Chargers are coming off of a nice win and Gordon finally got going. Rivers is always apain in the ***. This game kind of scares me, but being at home gives us the edge. Biggest game in Oakland in a few years. 

Raiders 31-20

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

Thursday night games are sketchy, you could either win or lose big. Coming off of a short week who knows what will happen. On Thursday nights you toss out the the records and stats. This is going to be a tough one, Gruden better have his grinders ready. 

This is a contender or pretender game for the Raiders. And by contender I mean for the wild card. They win this game I will be fully convinced that they’re a legit playoff team. I already spent time this morning going through a playoff simulator so I am ready to buy in. 

One thing that is noticeable is how confused the defense is most of the time. I know Whitehead is the one wearing the helmet that PG speaks into. He needs to do a better job making sure everyone is in position or understands the play that’s getting called cause it’s that or we got a bunch of guys on defense that don’t know what they’re doing. 

Hope to see Isaiah Johnson our there and not Lawson. 

say Chargers 17 Raiders 29 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

This is a contender or pretender game for the Raiders. And by contender I mean for the wild card. They win this game I will be fully convinced that they’re a legit playoff team. I already spent time this morning going through a playoff simulator so I am ready to buy in. 

One thing that is noticeable is how confused the defense is most of the time. I know Whitehead is the one wearing the helmet that PG speaks into. He needs to do a better job making sure everyone is in position or understands the play that’s getting called cause it’s that or we got a bunch of guys on defense that don’t know what they’re doing. 

Hope to see Isaiah Johnson our there and not Lawson. 

say Chargers 17 Raiders 29 

You're placing a lot on a Thursday night game IMO. These games are always a mess. Teams get limited prep time, short week, players are nicked up, etc. Never a really indication of how good/bad a team is.

Personally, I don't know what to think. The Chargers looks absolutely awesome yesterday and held Rogers in check. Was it the Packers just having an off day or did firing their OC inject some new life into them? I personally hate the matchup for the Raiders on defense. Ekeler and Gordan are great out the backfield and the Raiders LBs can't stop RBs. Only shot is to get after Rivers. Okung is back and their line is good enough to hold off a bad Raiders front.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You're placing a lot on a Thursday night game IMO. These games are always a mess. Teams get limited prep time, short week, players are nicked up, etc. Never a really indication of how good/bad a team is.

Personally, I don't know what to think. The Chargers looks absolutely awesome yesterday and held Rogers in check. Was it the Packers just having an off day or did firing their OC inject some new life into them? I personally hate the matchup for the Raiders on defense. Ekeler and Gordan are great out the backfield and the Raiders LBs can't stop RBs. Only shot is to get after Rivers. Okung is back and their line is good enough to hold off a bad Raiders front.

Usually Thursday games favor home team short rest for road team limited practice time, but it's not much travel for the Chargers so we will see.

If we can keep up the great trench work and neuter the Chargers' pass rush, I say we have a solid chance. 

I definitely expect a shootout. Keenan Allen scares the bejesus out of me and Gordon/Ekeler are matchup nightmares for us. 

I like our O-line a heck of a lot better than Green Bay's though, and they were almost able to start staging a comeback late.

So I'd say we definitely have a chance if we just stick to ball control on offense and don't try and get cute.