Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

If you are serious, I'll let you know before my next pick.  I'm gonna have to reshuffle some roles and see if I still like it. 

I am serious.  I’m getting rid of everyone except for Oldman, Elba, Harris and one of the rest.  And also keeping Hayley Atwell because that’s gonna be cool what I do with her.

@Dome, @Malfatron, pick two for your next two picks:

Tom Hardy, Taron Edgerton, Ben Mendelssohn, Andy Serkis, John Boyega.  I’m confident in my lineup of big name stars/general unknowns for the rest of my cast.  Had to go through the Harry Potter cast list and a couple others, but this movie has to feel like The Thing, and one of the best things about it is it has a whole bunch of mostly unknowns in it.  

Feel like just one star star is enough.  Idris Elba won’t count because he won’t be very likable.  Harris and Mendelssohn people would recognize, but the average person couldn’t name them.  Rory McCann would have been perfect, but Game of Thrones ruined that I think.  

You can now count me in with the others who are getting a little restless about the draft and ready to finalize their cast.  That’s the biggest reason I want to trade.  I don’t feel like anybody else I want is on anyone’s list.

• Like 1

@universal, I should be on your payroll for the amount of thought I’ve put into this.  

Idris Elba is now on the block.  I’ve decided I’m keeping only 4 out of my current cast.  Oldman and Harris are locks.  One of Edgerton/Hardy are locks.  Then I’ll keep either Mendehlson or Elba.  Both can be replaced by lesser known actors.  

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Dome, @Malfatron, pick two for your next two picks:

Tom Hardy, Taron Edgerton, Ben Mendelssohn, Andy Serkis, John Boyega.  I’m confident in my lineup of big name stars/general unknowns for the rest of my cast.  Had to go through the Harry Potter cast list and a couple others, but this movie has to feel like The Thing, and one of the best things about it is it has a whole bunch of mostly unknowns in it.  

Feel like just one star star is enough.  Idris Elba won’t count because he won’t be very likable.  Harris and Mendelssohn people would recognize, but the average person couldn’t name them.  Rory McCann would have been perfect, but Game of Thrones ruined that I think.  

You can now count me in with the others who are getting a little restless about the draft and ready to finalize their cast.  That’s the biggest reason I want to trade.  I don’t feel like anybody else I want is on anyone’s list.

Waiting on my main man to hit me back with his thoughts 

Also, I have come up with a better ending to my movie like 37 times.  Each new one has been better than all previous ones.  Right now the ending is gonna leave people with the same feeling the ending of Inception gave me.  Not nearly as creative or misunderstood, but just that feeling of, “Ugh, I want to know...” But without the puzzle pieces necessary for people to figure it out.

Edited by Outpost31

Not gonna write a spec script for my movie because I get way too particular with those and it would take forever, but I WILL be providing a complete synopsis of my film complete with dialogue, scene descriptions, etc.  I’ll also provide in-depth character analysis.  Maybe some backgrounds.  

There’s one character I feel really bad for.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re all too late.  I’m keeping Hardy and making it work.  I just came up with a scene that is too good to change it now.

I was just gonna PM you back.

I really liked Boyega for our Reporter and Serkis for Hennessy.... but we decided to keep our upcoming picks, we've become quite fond of the actors we've discussed for those roles now that we've talked ourselves into them.