Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s just so bland.  My opinion is almost exactly like Kong’s.  Beautiful movie obviously, but it wasn’t remotely scary, Duvall was terrible, it should have been Jon Voight, and on and on and on.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time. One of a handful of movies to leave me deeply affected after leaving the theater.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I'm 25. Saw a rerelease of it in theaters the first time I saw it. Saw it again in another rerelease actually for doctor sleep and it hit me just as hard.

That’s about what I thought.  Only movies to hit me hard in theaters were Finding Forester and A Quiet Place.  Don’t think anything has ever hit me as hard as A Quiet Place other than Jurassic Park the first time I saw it.  Unfortunately, I robbed myself of The Thing.  The blood test scene I watched through my aunt’s window in Mandan, ND and I knew it was a movie I had to see.  I will never forget that moment in my life.  I was about 8 years old.  I managed to sneak watching it over the next year, but only in bits and pieces to a point where I do not have a memory of watching it for the first time.  

If it's not too late, I'd like to sign up. I have an intriguing movie concept of mine that I began working on 10 years ago and recently refurbished. I think it would be awesome if put in the hands of a great director/screenwriter, too bad no director, writer or producer will likely ever see this seeing how I don't live in Cali and could never get in touch with one.

• Like 1

Just now, KManX89 said:

If it's not too late, I'd like to sign up. I have an intriguing movie concept of mine that I began working on 10 years ago and recently refurbished. I think it would be awesome if put in the hands of a great director/screenwriter, too bad no director, writer or producer will likely ever see this seeing how I don't live in Cali and could never get in touch with one.

Have you seen The Thing (1982)? 

If so, what is your opinion of it? 

Your opinion of it will determine whether or not I vote yes or no to letting you take part this late. 

10 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

You’ll be limited in your casting, but a couple dropped out, and Outpost is purging his cast, so I don’t see why not.

@rackcs what do you think?

Edited by Daniel

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You’ll be limited in your casting, but a couple dropped out, and Outpost is purging his cast, so I don’t see why not.

@rackcs what do you think?

I was going to suggest he get in on the next one since we'll definitely be doing another one after this is done. That way he can start fresh and be on an even footing with everyone else.

Just now, MWil23 said:

That's a really good one. Mine is probably John Miller in Saving Private Ryan, but he's absolute gold in about anything he's in. 

Ehhhhhh, he's absolute Tom Hanks in anything he's in.  Tom Hanks is capable of being the greatest actor ever, but he never really challenges himself and he can't really ever do much different from the norm.  I'd kill to see Hanks play a straight up villain. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Ehhhhhh, he's absolute Tom Hanks in anything he's in.  Tom Hanks is capable of being the greatest actor ever, but he never really challenges himself and he can't really ever do much different from the norm.  I'd kill to see Hanks play a straight up villain. 

I'd argue that Hanks is great in a comedy, obviously a biopic, is solid in a support role (Catch me if you can/That thing you do), and ambiguous role such as Road to Perdition. That said, I think he'd be money as a Godfather type figure or villain.