Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

@rackcs @MWil23 @The Orca @Pickle Rick @Outpost31 @Dome @Malfatron @FinneasGage @Elky @MikeT14 @daboyle250 @Deadpulse @Fresh Prince@Adrenaline_Flux @bcb1213 @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @JoshstraDaymus

Just to make sure everyone sees it, the deadline has been extended to 12/9. I know people were saying 12/7 but Mondays work better for me so 12/9 it is. On that day I'll post a writeup thread and tag everyone. You will then post your writeups in that thread. Any questions, let me know.

Hey thanks for the heads up, this might save me a lot of heartache. /s

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Hey what’s the expectation of this write up by the way? Length and content etc

I think it’s whatever, but I wouldn’t make a synopsis any longer than 300 words or no one will read it.

I’m doing two synopses so one can be spoiler free and a cast rundown myself.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think it’s whatever, but I wouldn’t make a synopsis any longer than 300 words or no one will read it.

Mine is 5,665 words.  And if you don’t read every word I’m going to be pissed.  Orca’s got a damn novel and I read his.

Edited by Outpost31

I'm as done as I've got time to be.  Won't have another chance to get into this after tonight, so I finished it tonight.  Here are some disclaimers:

1. I know I got plot holes.  Those things take time to fix.  I don’t got that time.  
2. There would be all sorts of precedents set that would make the ending make perfect sense for people who watch the movie 37 times and study every shot and every line and every implication, but I would need about another 6 months to fine tune this.
3. On the whole rabies, I don’t know how realistic or unrealistic it is.  I’m not a rabiesologist.  It’s the only plot device I could come up with to get things rolling on short notice, so I stuck with it.  
4. I used several precedents from The Thing (1982).  The Copper precedent, and The Thing video game precedent. 
5. I feel like I ran into my same issues with plotting.  I’m happy with my dialogue.  I feel like I got some really good lines in there. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Mine is 5,665 words.  And if you don’t read every word I’m going to be pissed.  Orca’s got a damn novel and I read his.

I'm up to 2000 on my synopsis and will start really making more giant leaps in time for everyone.  

I will definitely be turning this into a full script for anyone that would like to read it whenever I finish it. 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

I'm up to 2000 on my synopsis and will start really making more giant leaps in time for everyone.  

I will definitely be turning this into a full script for anyone that would like to read it whenever I finish it. 

I've got about 5000 including the long background (intro). I'd say I'm about half in, so I will be doing the jumping time and short summarizations for the rest, just so I get to the end