Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t think there should be any rules.  Mine is just going to be amateur hour plot description.  Minimizing what people can do or putting instructions to it will keep a few from turning anything in. 

l hadn't planned on having any rules as far as what people should submit, as much or as little as you want. I think Dec. 2 will be the deadline/when I'll put up the final poll post. As far as how that post will look, the post below has the two options I was considering. I'll let people let me know what they prefer.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, rackcs said:

Well I had planned on the full blown story stuff and final poll to be its own thread. I figured we could do it one of two ways:

1. Everyone PMs me whatever they want for their final writeup/cast breakdown whatever and then I post them in the first post of the new thread in spoiler quote things so it doesn't look unbearably long

or

2. Everyone posts their whatever final writeup in the new thread and then I post links to those posts in the first post of that thread

@rackcs @MWil23 @The Orca @Pickle Rick @Outpost31 @Dome @Malfatron @FinneasGage @Elky @MikeT14 @daboyle250 @Deadpulse @Fresh Prince@Adrenaline_Flux @bcb1213 @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @JoshstraDaymus

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

l hadn't planned on having any rules as far as what people should submit, as much or as little as you want. I think Dec. 2 will be the deadline/when I'll put up the final poll post. As far as how that post will look, the post below has the two options I was considering. I'll let people let me know what they prefer.

@rackcs @MWil23 @The Orca @Pickle Rick @Outpost31 @Dome @Malfatron @FinneasGage @Elky @MikeT14 @daboyle250 @Deadpulse @Fresh Prince@Adrenaline_Flux @bcb1213 @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @JoshstraDaymus

Either or... us posting our own makes any potential edits easier 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

I guess I meant more like logistics than actual rules. Deadlines, where we submit, and how we vote would be what I meant. I was hoping we could either vote for multiple movies or do ranked choice. A lot of interesting ideas. It’ll be hard for me to pick just one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I guess I meant more like logistics than actual rules. Deadlines, where we submit, and how we vote would be what I meant. I was hoping we could either vote for multiple movies or do ranked choice. A lot of interesting ideas. It’ll be hard for me to pick just one.

I had planned on just doing a straight up poll since that'd be easiest. But if people did ranked choices or something along those lines I'd be fine running that as well.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

I had planned on just doing a straight up poll since that'd be easiest. But if people did ranked choices or something along those lines I'd be fine running that as well.

I like the idea of a top 3 (or 2, or 5, or whatever) vote that we send you and you reveal... makes it more exciting 

Friendlier too lol. People won’t be told their movie got last place, just that they weren’t in the top selections 

I know that’ll make an easier pill to swallow for me if I don’t make the cut haha 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

I like the idea of a top 3 (or 2, or 5, or whatever) vote that we send you and you reveal... makes it more exciting 

Friendlier too lol. People won’t be told their movie got last place, just that they weren’t in the top selections 

I know that’ll make an easier pill to swallow for me if I don’t make the cut haha 

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i was also envisioning other awards too other than top prize.

So people can send in their top 5 choices by whatever deadline we set. Then maybe also choose best actor, actress, supporting actor and actress, etc. based on how well people think the actors fit the roles or whatever. I like that. So then I reveal the movies in descending order, then before the top 3 I'll do the awards and then I'll do the top 3 movies.

• Like 2