Official SFGiants thread: Kapler out

Forge

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Hunter pence is back, which to me was a concession that we know we are gonna suck, so we just brought back a name the casual fan is familiar with. I know he changed his swing and was a lot better in a much more hitter friendly park, but I would have rather not signed him lol I just don't see the point beyond nostalgia 

I just watched a video of some of those epic post season hype speeches, damn that looked so fun. 

I will always love Hunter, but yeah, this signing is not good in my opinion. Like, I get (and like) the Billy Hamilton signing. This one is just a "why?" 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/why-gabe-kapler-doesnt-want-giants-brandon-belt-change-approach

Meathead says belt is aggressive in the batters box. He must not have seen belt take called 3rd strike in 3-2 count with runners in scoring position multiple times in the last few years like I have. Belt would rather walk than make contact, I swear 

Feels like we have been trying to convince everyone that we like belt to increase trade value. Just dump that guy and put Bart there already

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, Forge said:

Well, Bart certainly could and maybe should be on the roster to start the season now. 

Buster is going to sit out the season. 

Bart should be the opening day DH imo being a righty. Im sure they will have dickerson in that spot though, which is fine

We should roll out the all righty starting squad for kershaw day one. We wont, but Im going to tear my hair out watching brandon belt take strike 3 on a 3-2 slider and crawford swinging at smoke trying to hit kershaw's curveball

When is the trade deadline this year? LOL 

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

Bart should be the opening day DH imo being a righty. Im sure they will have dickerson in that spot though, which is fine

We should roll out the all righty starting squad for kershaw day one. We wont, but Im going to tear my hair out watching brandon belt take strike 3 on a 3-2 slider and crawford swinging at smoke trying to hit kershaw's curveball

When is the trade deadline this year? LOL 

Apparently opening day is a no go because with the season we have, we only have to keep him down like 5 days it something stupid for him not to get the season credit

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently opening day is a no go because with the season we have, we only have to keep him down like 5 days it something stupid for him not to get the season credit

so conflicted with this because A) screw this system and how it hurts players earning potential B) Giants would be foolish not to utilize the system to keep a potential allstar level bat on our team in a cost controlled setting for an extra year 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

so conflicted with this because A) screw this system and how it hurts players earning potential B) Giants would be foolish not to utilize the system to keep a potential allstar level bat on our team in a cost controlled setting for an extra year 

I 100% know how you feel lol