Official SFGiants thread: Kapler out

Forge

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

sometimes I get so freaking mad at brandon belt. THERE IS NO ONE DOWN THE THIRD BASE LINE, #$%#ING BUNT IT YOU BASTARD

He has terrible hands and cannot hit the high pitch to save his freaking life. His swing looks like a drunk guy trying to chop down a tree. 

I actually feel bad for him because I think he's talented. I don't know that there is a player we have had since moving to this park that has been more hindered by playing in SF and then having the league make the pull adjustments defensively

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seriously though - it's things like that which leads me to believe that even if we don't sell of Madbum, we should still sell the relievers we can. I have this weird feeling that we can still be somewhat competitive and have a similarly strong bullpen even without the likes of Smith and Watson and Dyson. 

I know that's a ton to take out of your roster, and I know it wouldn't be easy...but I really feel like we could do it. 

this coonrod guy looks very legit. who tf is this guy? lol I feel like with Bochy and this ballpark, we could make this bullpen work with less than what we have now

Just now, N4L said:

this coonrod guy looks very legit. who tf is this guy? lol I feel like with Bochy and this ballpark, we could make this bullpen work with less than what we have now

He used to be a somewhat well regarded prospect in our very weak system, then he just kind of disappeared

• Like 1

sometimes I feel bad for belt and then he takes the third strike with a runner on second and two outs and I remember why he pisses me off lol

Thats the type of outing from coonrod where you immediately have a ton of confidence and next thing you know you are the 7th inning guy. That stuff is legit. Ball jumps out of his hands

Pablo lol.

What a miserable game for him before that. Couldn't get the ball in the air to save his life, promptly hits the game winning Homer. Why does Panda magic only work for SF? 

Also, we are 12 games under .500 if a game is decided by more than one run. 24-10 in one run games lol

Just now, Forge said:

Pablo lol.

What a miserable game for him before that. Couldn't get the ball in the air to save his life, promptly hits the game winning Homer. Why does Panda magic only work for SF? 

Also, we are 12 games under .500 if a game is decided by more than one run. 24-10 in one run games lol

WE COOKIN

• Like 1

If that trade with the Rays really did involve one of their big league infielders like Wendle or Brosseau, I could totally see us making that deal for one of the relievers at this point. You could actually justify it with a "win now" attitude. 

Just now, N4L said:

We are -40 in run differential but somehow have a winning record.

we have a better record than the diamondbacks, who are +61

I saw that the other day lol. Its pretty damn amusing, honestly. 

Honestly, if we still decide to sell off parts, I think that this can only help improve our returns because teams may have to "convince" us to sell off any parts at all. I'd still like to see us move off some players, but I think the idea of trade Bum is all but gone at this point, so I'm content with moving some of the relievers. Give Coonrad a chance at consistent innings...that was just one inning, but damn, it was an impressive one. 

Just now, Forge said:

I saw that the other day lol. Its pretty damn amusing, honestly. 

Honestly, if we still decide to sell off parts, I think that this can only help improve our returns because teams may have to "convince" us to sell off any parts at all. I'd still like to see us move off some players, but I think the idea of trade Bum is all but gone at this point, so I'm content with moving some of the relievers. Give Coonrad a chance at consistent innings...that was just one inning, but damn, it was an impressive one. 

thats what they keep saying on sports radio around here. It does give zaidi a lot of leverage. 

Then you know if we do sell off guys for prospects, they will probably be higher level guys 

This is the most fun Ive ever had with July baseball, by far. I mean, all the trade talk has really made this fun because it has added a deadline to this whole thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

IF we get Cueto back and hes 85% of his normal self... we could really make a run at this thing lol  

I'm not expecting much from Cueto, but if that were the case, we could be a pain for someone in a short series. 

Unfortunately, it's the offense that would kind of screw the pooch there. As fun as the team has been, the offense is still just not good lol. we are just in a nice spot of "someone different stepping up every night" right now.

The pitching, for the most part, is fine. Not that I'm trusting Beede or Anderson to pitch well late into the season or anything. But the pitching could certainly be a pain for anyone we were to play.