Official SFGiants thread: Kapler out

Forge

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Last night I'm listening to the game on the radio, it's 6-5 we are winning. It's in between innings when I get home. I park the car, walk inside, grab a beer, sit on the couch, turn the TV on and it's 8-6 we are losing. Wtffff how is that even possible

Tony Watson decided not to be a major league pitcher lol

On 8/16/2019 at 9:40 PM, Forge said:

Tony Watson has just fallen apart his last two outings. His eyes is now nearly 5. Jeez. Should have shipped him instead of Dyson lol

The lefties (other than smith) just haven’t had it. Fernando Abad might end up having a bigger role down the stretch than Watson at this rate. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, Forge said:

For all the struggles this year, we've played pretty well against the dodgers

It's almost like we have some inside info on them 

I will say, sad to see boch go, he really is a great manager and I bet he uses more analytics than people think

Who do you want to hire for next year? I am praying we can steal Bob Melvin. He's perfect imo. Analytic manager who's been using the math for a long time. The as are way better than us though but maybe he's hoping we will be better in the long run since we have so much more money? He doesn't have a contact for next year, which just seems odd to me. Either the As are idiots, or he knows we will want to hire him. Or he knows he can use us to get PAID by them (but they dont pay anyone) 

On 9/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, N4L said:

Who do you want to hire for next year? I am praying we can steal Bob Melvin. He's perfect imo. Analytic manager who's been using the math for a long time. The as are way better than us though but maybe he's hoping we will be better in the long run since we have so much more money? He doesn't have a contact for next year, which just seems odd to me. Either the As are idiots, or he knows we will want to hire him. Or he knows he can use us to get PAID by them (but they dont pay anyone) 

Stephen Vogt :D

I'm always going to have concern's about Dubon's value being tied into the most fickle hitting attribute (average), but have to be pretty pleased so far with what we have seen. Hitting .300, moved up into the leadoff position. Very promising. I can't believe we got him for Pomeranz. That's still insane. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 9:51 PM, Forge said:

Beede is going to be one of those super frustrating guys who can shut a team down or give up nine runs in three innings on any given start, isn't he?

He needs to learn how to work out of a jam. Anytime runners get into scoring position, they always score. He needs to only go from the stretch or something, idk

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, N4L said:

What have you heard about the manager hunt @Forge

(You're better than Google btw lol) 

Sounded like kotsay was the favorite like last week, then that just disappeared. Seems to me like kapler the favorite now. Last I heard it was down to 3-4. Kapler, the dude from Houston, and the dude from the royals. Then I heard some dude from the dodgers was getting a push

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 11:53 PM, Forge said:

Sounded like kotsay was the favorite like last week, then that just disappeared. Seems to me like kapler the favorite now. Last I heard it was down to 3-4. Kapler, the dude from Houston, and the dude from the royals. Then I heard some dude from the dodgers was getting a push

Are we waiting to hire a GM first? Kinda surprised he's hiring a GM tbh. Actually a little disappointed that he is

Can we hire someone with some actual experience that's not Dave Kaplan? Kaplan would be such a downgrade 

I also heard rumblings that boch may not retire 

Qualifying offers to MadBum and Smith. Not surprising on either of them, to be honest. I debated whether we would give one to Smith, but I think it's the right call. I don't expect MadBum to take his (which is unfortunate, because he could be one of those guys who the attached QO forces to miss the start of the season), but I do think that it's absolutely possible that Smith takes his 1 year, 18M dollar offer.