Official SFGiants thread: Kapler out

Forge

On 7/17/2019 at 12:46 PM, Forge said:

ESPN reporting that we are still expected to be sellers at the deadline including a number of relievers and of course MadBum. 

I dont know, I heard a radio interview with Zaidi the other day where he said that they never viewed this as a throw away season and that they want to remain competitive. He talked about doing need for need trades with other teams and still trying to win. 

I think it just gives him leverage in negotiations, he can say 'we will just keep will smith and try to win unless you offer us elite talent X'

Edited by N4L

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I dont know, I heard a radio interview with Zaidi the other day where he said that they never viewed this as a throw away season and that they want to remain competitive. He talked about doing need for need trades with other teams and still trying to win. 

I think it just gives him leverage in negotiations, he can say 'we will just keep will smith and try to win unless you offer us elite talent X'

The only one I can see that happening with us madbum because even if we don't trade him, we got him with the QO and get a draft pick. I don't see that for the relievers. I think they are gone. I was in the Brewers thread and talked about Smith there. I mentioned that dubon would be a guy that intrigued us, and sure enough, the next day there was a running we were talking about the Brewers in a Smith and Dubon deal lol

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Do y’all win tonight

I believe so, yes. Beede is actually a good pitcher over his last few starts. Should be a great crowd tonight too

I am on the under though. Should cash 

Edited by N4L

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm curious if any of the world series teams ever won fourteen of sixteen. This is so bizarre

The more I think about it, the more I think Its honestly a classic giants move from this era. 

I mean, this team has constantly been waiting until the very last ****ing minute to turn it on for the past decade. They would be an average team for most of the year and then somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat and sneak into the playoffs or win series that they shouldnt. How many elimination games in a row did we win?? TORTURE

Brian wilson was a prime example, the guy would walk three guys and then strike three guys out. He would have a three run lead, give up two runs and then wiggle his way out of it like the slithery bastard that he is. We would consistently wait until there were 2 outs in the 9th inning or until we were about to be eliminated in a series before making our move. 

The new trade deadline really turned the heat on us this year. This veteran team (that has never experienced the franchise being sellers btw) realized that this was going to be their final ride together and decided to make the most of it. Thats why WE COOKIN, because the HEAT IS ON US 🔥🔥🔥 it was either start winning, or get traded

We had a great start to 2017, had the best record in baseball before the allstar break. The second half of the year we were horrible, and have been well below average since then, until the all star break this year, where we suddenly have the best record in baseball since that time. I know those two things have zero correlation, but its circular enough to make me think we have some weird voodoo in our favor

A friend of mine had two extra tickets to Saturday's game and offered them to me in mid May. Its the first game I am going to this year, and it will be the first time the Giants are above 500!

Edited by N4L

Honestly hope the Sox were there for the relievers. There is just nothing super exciting for me in their farm system for a potential MadBum trade. Their best prospect is young and in Single A, and other top prospects are kind of struggling (Dalbec in AA and Hernandez pretty much wherever he is). Groome hasn't worked out at all and is still recovering from TJS, I think. He's the kind of guy I may take a chance on for a reliever, but I wouldn't want him to be the centerpiece of a deal for us for Madbum.

The twins on the other hand is a really interesting situation. They aren't on the no trade list, which is really nice, and I really like the package I proposed on the main board. Balazovic is still in high A ball, so he's a little further away than I think that we would want in return, but he's a good upside prospect. He's probably a couple of years away. Brent Rooker is just a hitter, and I love that because we can use that. He'd also be an immediate right handed compliment for Belt if we so choose. His biggest problem is he's not going to be good defensively, and he may overlap with Shaw a little bit, but I'm not really sure what we are going to do with Shaw moving forward. He hasn't made a leap. Rooker just hits. He strikes out a ton, but he also walks, and he's got some pop for sure, which we could sorely use. He's also doing that at AAA, so I think that he's close to being ready for at least an audition with the club. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Hearing more and more on the rumor mill that teams around the league are thinking we are not guaranteed to sell off. Not a fan of that, overall. I guess a ton will be determined in the next week or so. 

It really shouldn't be though. He should know by now if we are going to sell or not. 

I really think we should deal dyson at an absolute minimum. I would probably still deal will smith and tell Melancon to go earn that 67 million or whatever. my god, that was a terrible signing.

It has been a nice ride so far, but honestly I think tonight is the beginning of the end of it. I think we lose tonight like 10-3 or something like that.