Packers dominate Seahawks - Postgame Talk

incognito_man

The DL took over this game. It was beautiful.

The offense moved the ball OK, controlled the clock, gave the D every advantage they could, but had trouble scoring in the first half. Seattle's D is really good so that's not a total surprise. They ground it out and when needed did enough. They will get better and did start clicking in the 2nd half. That is very encouraging.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Incog, weren't you and I challenged at some point during the off-season to come up with a game where the Packers offense scored fewer than 20 points and the team won?

I believe I pointed out 3 instances in a single year that were unaccounted for by the person trying to make that point.

2 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Montgomery didn't end up with pretty stats but he ground out some tough 1st downs between the tackles.

Over 90 apy and a TD against that defense I'll take it. Looking for him to have a better day next week in Atlanta

Loved how Cobb looked out there today

Very unfortunate to see Brooks w a concussion - was excited to watch him. Daniels looks so good. Secondary was playing fast. HaHa still seems a little bit behind the mark every play... solid but not all pro back there. Together I think this defense is the best green and gold group I have seen.

The offense is really missing a true RB. Monty at about 15 carries and 5 receptions seems like his max load. Cobb had a big game, Adams had a couple mental lapses but the shiftiness off the line at that size is quite unique. He seemed to do a lot of cheerleading today. Jordy is still smooth enough out there to get it done.

Rodgers is good at football but the offense clearly was out of sync today. Kind of what you'd expect from an opener in that regard.

Mac is bad at time management... definitely gave them 3 points. 

Marty B didn't seem to create the space that Jared Cook could. Maybe just still getting to know the offense. Kendricks looked good on his grab. Rodgers to Rodgers deep almost happened on that penalty.

Offense looked out of sync in the first half, but really started to pick it up in the 2nd. It was probably just early season rust that a lot of teams go through. We'll be fine there moving forward.

Defense looked great, but I wonder how much of that you can attribute to Seattle's porous OL. Not to take anything away from them, this is the best I've seen the D look in a LONG time.

We have all the looks of a legit SB contender.

Archived