Packers dominate Seahawks - Postgame Talk

incognito_man

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not your 2013 or 2014 Seahawks either.

That offensive line is the worst. They used to just suck at pass blocking. Now they suck at everything. 

Remember when their fans used to argue that they wouldn't get worse when they had to pay Wilson? 

Anyway, I was more or less referring to the offense. They used to let this defense push them around, today they went blow for blow. Our defense has always seemed to match up well vs Seattle other than the season opener that year after the SB.

Typical FF, huh.  2 Page postgame thread.  My thoughts from the game:

·        Overcoming an early INT by Rodgers on a screen, Packers D looked much faster, with better production on back end and Defensive Line. Nick Perry and Mike Daniels, and Kenny Clark embarrassed the overmatched Seahawks line, setting up camp in the Seahawks backfield. Perry won convincingly vs replacement LT Odhiambo early (sack + pressure on first drive), forcing Seahawks to help with backs and TEs throughout.

·        Seahawks Defense was as stout as ever, leading to a 3-0 halftime lead, surrendering TDs in 2nd half only after a red zone turnover and a 12 men on the field free play.

·        Green Bay featured the return of a healthy Randall Cobb, who was heavily targeted both before and after the ejection of Jeremy Lane (questionable call). 9-85 yards.

·        Packers exhausted the Seattle defense with short passing and strong shotgun runs from Ty Montgomery in the second half.

·        As has been consistent vs Seattle, Rodgers drew 3 free plays (2 offsides by Bennett, a frequent offender, and a 12 men on the field), hitting on a TD to Nelson on one.

Thumbs up: Defense won us a game where Rodgers and the offense were less than stellar. Hasn't happened much, hopefully more to come.

Thumbs down: The fans in the 4th quarter. It never fails, every time I'm at Lambeau, the idiot fans start the "wave" and yell when we are on offense and the game is still in doubt. Completely oblivious to what is going on. Irritates the hell out of me. 

In 16 weeks, if GB & Seattle have identical season ending records and win their respective divisions as expected, today's contest will mean that instead of having to travel to their personal house of horrors in Seattle, the Packers will host the Seahawks should they meet in the playoffs.

That alone makes today's victory a huge one.

Glad we got the W but that clipping call was BS.  That took a TD from Seattle.

Also got away with a huge Dad Pass interference in Jimmy Graham.

Defense looked spectacular.  

Mike Daniels, Nick Perry, Morgan Burnett and get high grades.

Quentin Rollins, Davon House, Clay Matthews also did well too.

We need a real running back. I don't know why we can't seem to find a decent one. Same for LB.

2 hours ago, packerjmf said:

Best GIF from the game.

Really impressed by our front seven. Still not completely sold on our secondary. We need Bulaga back so Aaron doesn't have to take another beating like today.

A lot of the pressure was not the fault of Murphy. 2 were from RG. The one sack he did give up looked like Rogers floated to his left so when Murphy pushed his man wide he was still able to get to Rogers. If Aaron stays out or steps up DE wouldn't have gotten to him but there was a push up front so Aaron couldn't step up. 

24 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The haters and losers, of which there are many, will say anything to discredit this monumental win. Sad!

Is this a meme phrasing? LOL

That pick 6 very well could have been a pick 6.  That's a huge play that the refs got pretty wrong.  Block in the back was a possible penalty I suppose.

From that point on, GB dominated the game.  So unless you believe in momentum, which is a myth, Seattle has no argument.

Archived