Packers dominate Seahawks - Postgame Talk

incognito_man

3 hours ago, PackMan22 said:

Throughout the game (especially in the first half) I kept asking myself, "is our defense finally good, or is Seattle's offense terrible?"

Maybe I'll rewatch the game because I'm still not sure. 

Although there is things to be excited about with our d, their offense is as about as terrifying as a cute puppy. It's not good, their best weapon is Graham and he is not what he once was. The true test will be against the falcons receivers, our corners need to make a statement week 2. Hopefully revenge is sweet.

10 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Glad we got the W but that clipping call was BS.  That took a TD from Seattle.

Also got away with a huge Dad Pass interference in Jimmy Graham.

ARod was going to catch that guy on the INT until the shove. Watch it again

The alleged PI against Graham is a fabrication of the announcing team.  Watch it again.  Graham had BOTH of his hands on Brice's helmet holding his head down.  Graham didn't complain one bit, if it was so obvious don't you think Graham would've come up looking for the flag? Plus, the ball was four yards beyond the endzone.

Don't fall for Buck and Aikmen's slant on official's calls.

Pretty strong performance all around for the Packers!  Defense was stellar .. offense came to life in the 2nd half.  It sure seems to me that when the Packers struggle on offense it's because they keep trying to draw out plays looking for big gains instead of just going with quick hitters, drags, rollouts, etc.  Rodgers tries to dance around too much waiting for someone to come open, and on certain days against strong defenses it just doesn't work real well.  The majority of the time Rodgers gets sacked is because he holds onto the ball too long.

6 hours ago, PackMan22 said:

Throughout the game (especially in the first half) I kept asking myself, "is our defense finally good, or is Seattle's offense terrible?"

Maybe I'll rewatch the game because I'm still not sure. 

Little of both ... Packers seem really improved on D, but the Oline for Seattle is a mess.  If we can have a strong showing on the road in ATL I'll be sold.  Don't want to take anything away from the performance of the defense yesterday .. it was pretty impressive.

A couple minor observations.  

As good as the defense was, they still allowed 5.0 yards/ carry because of two big runs that shouldn't have happened. And they also allowed 11.3 yards per pass attempt on the heels of the one big play at the end of the 1st half.  I am excited at the prospect of how good this D can be but they can't continually give up big plays to teams.  It seeps that has been the norm for the Packers for a long time.  

Everyone talked about the Seattle punter and deservedly so.  He had a great game but Vogel had a pretty good game himself.  

Daniels, Perry, and Burnett all played outstanding.  

Aaron looked really good under pressure in the 2nd half.  What ever adjustments they made at halftime worked.  

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not your 2013 or 2014 Seahawks either.

That offensive line is the worst. They used to just suck at pass blocking. Now they suck at everything. 

This, as much as I want to get excited about the defensive effort, I need to temper that excitement with the oline they were facing. That is not a good group of olinemen and our dline did what it is supposed to do against that group. Good first returns, but Seattle did leave a couple plays on the field as well.

On to the next- a real good measuring stick for the D against the falcons.

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Thumbs up: Defense won us a game where Rodgers and the offense were less than stellar. Hasn't happened much, hopefully more to come.

Thumbs down: The fans in the 4th quarter. It never fails, every time I'm at Lambeau, the idiot fans start the "wave" and yell when we are on offense and the game is still in doubt. Completely oblivious to what is going on. Irritates the hell out of me. 

The wave should be limited to Family Night. Anyone trying to do the wave during the 4th quarter of that game should have been perp walked out by security and five generations of their heirs forbidden from Lambeau's premises.

13 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Thumbs up: Defense won us a game where Rodgers and the offense were less than stellar. Hasn't happened much, hopefully more to come.

Thumbs down: The fans in the 4th quarter. It never fails, every time I'm at Lambeau, the idiot fans start the "wave" and yell when we are on offense and the game is still in doubt. Completely oblivious to what is going on. Irritates the hell out of me. 

First DP in the new site.

Isn't it amazing how good a pass defense looks when you put pressure on the QB. Seattle may have the worst offensive line (and they were offensive) in NFL history but there is no doubt the Packewrs defense s much improved. I felt bad for not so fat anymore Eddie Lacy, who in 5 carries had 3 more yards than I had.  My fear going into the game was the notorious start of the season the Packers offense always has because they hardly get any game reps in preseason, and just how long it will take to get the NFL rust off and get some rhythm back. Well certainly the 2nd half saw some offensive rhythm against a very good defense so looking forward to next week which likely needs to be a shootout if GB intends to win, even with an improived defense. Great start. 

Archived