Packers dominate Seahawks - Postgame Talk

incognito_man

This is a really hard one for me to interpret without additional context.  The Seahawks have been known to look really bad on offense (they scored 15 points combined in their first two games last year), and at the same time have been known to look tremendous on defense.  So that the Packers defense looked great and offense struggled might simply respect the opposition, but the early returns are positive.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Incog, weren't you and I challenged at some point during the off-season to come up with a game where the Packers offense scored fewer than 20 points and the team won?

yes you were.  This is 1.  This looks like a D that can win games.

And @incognito_man my point was that GB doesn't win when TEAM scores <20.  Thank you for identifying a different metric which I'm certain is just as true for other teams with decent to good Defenses.  Other teams still do so at a much higher rate.  I maintain that point.

39 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Mike Daniels was the obvious player of the game, but shout out to Morgan Burnett and Clay Matthews . Burnett was everywhere, making plays. Clay was disruptive as hell too. 

Rollins , HHCD and Clark stood out to me to a lesser extent too.

i think Perry deserves mention as well. He killed it early then kept drawing multiple blocker attention thereafter.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i think Perry deserves mention as well. He killed it early then kept drawing multiple blocker attention thereafter.

You're both right. 

The Packers' D was solid all around.  Their run D looks like it could be among the best in the league. 

Mike Daniels continues to remind of Reggie White when matched up 1 vs 1.  Daniels is not Reggie, he doesn't even play the same position as Reggie, but Daniels is an absolute beast up the middle.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We were way more physical than the Seahawks. We won the type of game they used to beat us at. These aren't your 2013 or 2014 Packers.

Not your 2013 or 2014 Seahawks either.

That offensive line is the worst. They used to just suck at pass blocking. Now they suck at everything. 

This defense is my jam. DL was terrorizing out there. I'll echo a few people about not being able to parse out how much of a lot of this game was due to bad OL play and good DL play by both sides. I will say I'm not too worried about the offense. Kick coverage could improve. There was no need to take the TOs that allowed SEA to score at the end of the first half. If they had been trying to run out the clock, chances were pretty slim that we would get the ball back.It was just unnecessary. We got some friendly officiating but SEA is the last team in the world that gets to complain about contact in the secondary.

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

This defense is my jam. DL was terrorizing out there. I'll echo a few people about not being able to parse out how much of a lot of this game was due to bad OL play and good DL play by both sides. I will say I'm not too worried about the offense. Kick coverage could improve. There was no need to take the TOs that allowed SEA to score at the end of the first half. If they had been trying to run out the clock, chances were pretty slim that we would get the ball back.It was just unnecessary. We got some friendly officiating but SEA is the last team in the world that gets to complain about contact in the secondary.

Good adjustments to protection in the 2nd half though.

Archived