DeSean Jackson has surgery....placed on IR...eligible after wildcard round

Jroc04

Like I've said from day 1. Surgery needed to be URGED and URGED and  URGED some more in an emphatic way. There should have been a MAJOR disclaimer with the rehab option relaying the fact that this for a fact WILL NOT HEAL ON ITS OWN. You WILL be week to week for the rest of the season. DeSean, with surgery, you are guaranteed to be back at some point during the season more healthy than if you don't get it. The utter incompetence of the handling of this situation is disgusting, pathetic and frankly embarrassing. SHAME SHAME SHAME on EVERYBODY remotely involved with this fiasco.

JJ Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin (if he's in shape) 

Greg Ward

They HAVE to do something. Please don't bring in an older guy who can't help. Honestly I'd give AB a call just to see where his head is. 

Please no Jordan Matthews, or Jeffrey clone

Edited by nlesthought

Can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm honestly entertaining the idea of bringing AB in. But media hoopla, him being a head case, negative fan reaction and potential locker room fracture are obviously the major factors against him. His talent level and what he'd bring to the offense might quell all of those things. I think it's a must that JMatt is brought back though. He's been on a roster this season so that speaks well for him. He has a rapport with Carson etc

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

We better be bringing in two guys. Replace Jax and Hollins. With Alshon dragging a leg still, I will be livid if Howie isn’t banging on every door looking for competent WRs. 

I haven't watched the last two games live, but I haven't seen Hollins/JJAW contributing much on ST either

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Because it was initially diagnosed as just out two weeks back in september, if this is diagnosed as 4-6 weeks he very well may be out until late in training camp next year.

Lmao

But seriously 4 weeks is week 13 right? I get that it was mishandled but how is he out for the season best case scenario?

7 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

This says 4 to 6 weeks?

Why is everyone freaking out?

lol because there’s 17 weeks in a season and we’re at week 10. If we don’t win most of the games remaining he might as well sit out the year. 

And he’s not back in a month. It’ll def be closer to 6 weeks. He’s 32 and the muscle was completely detached. We’ll be very fortunate to have him week 17. 

5 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

This says 4 to 6 weeks?

Why is everyone freaking out?

I personally am freaking out because 4-6 weeks with what we have likely won't help us this year. Best case scenario: 4 weeks he's out, week #5 they're slowly working him back in, week 6 he's playing (vs Washington) 

We drop more than 2 games I think our playoff hopes are done.