DeSean Jackson has surgery....placed on IR...eligible after wildcard round

Jroc04

20 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I personally am freaking out because 4-6 weeks with what we have likely won't help us this year. Best case scenario: 4 weeks he's out, week #5 they're slowly working him back in, week 6 he's playing (vs Washington) 

We drop more than 2 games I think our playoff hopes are done. 

We are basically 4-4 without him vs our tough stretch. Would be huge to get him back late in the regular season to get ready for a playoff run.

I know the situation was handled pretty horribly, but it's not the end of the world.

42 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

We are basically 4-4 without him vs our tough stretch. Would be huge to get him back late in the regular season to get ready for a playoff run.

I know the situation was handled pretty horribly, but it's not the end of the world.

What makes you think this WR Corp is going to do anything for the rest of the year. Alshon is basically a walking dead zombie, Agholor can’t catch and Carson doesn’t trust him, Hollins just runs around and gets no targets, JJ is firmly on the bench. 

I heard some ridiculous stat that dates back to last year that we have some abysmal average yards per game from our WRs. Some pathetic number. Less than 100 per game, combined! 

Sure, we can live off the TEs and RBs and hope it goes ok. Or get some competent bodies in here and try and compete. 

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

What makes you think this WR Corp is going to do anything for the rest of the year. Alshon is basically a walking dead zombie, Agholor can’t catch and Carson doesn’t trust him, Hollins just runs around and gets no targets, JJ is firmly on the bench. 

I heard some ridiculous stat that dates back to last year that we have some abysmal average yards per game from our WRs. Some pathetic number. Less than 100 per game, combined! 

Sure, we can live off the TEs and RBs and hope it goes ok. Or get some competent bodies in here and try and compete. 

Clearly I'm not fine with our WR but I do think we can survive because we have an insane TE duo and Sanders has turned out to be an excellent pass option.

There's no one out there to get dude. They are not going to bring in AB or else they would have done it already. All we can do is hope DeSean can return on time in 4 weeks lol.

For the record I really hated the JJAW pick and would have easily taken Metcalf or even McLaurin over him. Sucks he can't do anything at all.

2 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Why didn't the medical staff just have him complete the surgery week 1??? He would have been back by now. Just doesn't make sense. 

Without him, the offense is going to be in trouble. Teams will just have no respect for our WRs. 

Again, this has been happening for 8 weeks already. What is different? We're just going to have to keep putting 2 TE's out there and rely on Sanders.

Just now, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Again, this has been happening for 8 weeks already. What is different? We're just going to have to keep putting 2 TE's out there and rely on Sanders.

The difference is that we are going to play the Pats and Seahawks the next two games, and those are going to be a lot harder to win. They are going to take away the TE's and take away our running game. 

And we aren't playing the Bears and Jets... we need to match them in scoring. 

4 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Clearly I'm not fine with our WR but I do think we can survive because we have an insane TE duo and Sanders has turned out to be an excellent pass option.

There's no one out there to get dude. They are not going to bring in AB or else they would have done it already. All we can do is hope DeSean can return on time in 4 weeks lol.

For the record I really hated the JJAW pick and would have easily taken Metcalf or even McLaurin over him. Sucks he can't do anything at all.

Is Matthews, Crabtree, hell Dez Bryant, Martavis Bryant better than Hollins?

yes

Howie needs to do something to get us through the home stretch. It’s gross negligence if not. He should have already traded for someone. Or claimed Gordon at the very least. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Why didn't the medical staff just have him complete the surgery week 1??? He would have been back by now. Just doesn't make sense. 

Without him, the offense is going to be in trouble. Teams will just have no respect for our WRs. 

It was probably a combination of possibly bad prognosis, maybe Desean not wanting to go under the knife, bad advice from his camp. Anything really. They can’t make him get surgery. There’s a lot of blame to go around. 

Teams haven’t respected the WRs for weeks now. Carson has just been willing the team to some wins. Just have to lean heavy on the OL and the run game, TEs. 

5 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Because you can't force a player to elect surgery when rest and rehabilitation is always an option. This was all DeSean scared to death of a Surgery that "Might" although unlikely negate down the road his biggest attribute, Speed!

He only had the procedure this time because there was No alternative. 

• 1 month later...