Did Bears make mistake in hiring Pace over Ballard?

topwop1

The thought just came to me. I remember when the Bears were hiring a new GM back in 2015 and passed over a well known guy in Chris Ballard who had previous ties to the Bears organization for an up and comer in Ryan Pace.

Did the organization aka the infamous McCaskey family once again drop the ball here as they usually do in hiring an inexperienced GM in Pace who then went on to draft an inexperienced college QB in Trubisky and then hired an inexperienced HC in Matt Nagy?  It seems as if it's the blind leading the blind at Halas Hall.

Does this organization actually have a clue or did they massively F it up once again after the Emery/Trestman fiasco?  It's just a revolving cycle of bad teams sprinkled with one good season and a playoff appearance every few years and then back to being bad/mediocre again and quite frankly I'm sick of this ****.

2 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Pace has the Bears in a bad position right now. A team lacking draft picks, salary cap space and still no quarterback after drafting one at #2 in 2017. They may have.

I don't know how he fixes this mess with a lack of resources in 2020 and like Windy has mentioned do we even trust him to be able to?

I can appreciate a lot of what Pace has done over the years but at the same time he has put this team in quite the tough spot going forward.

• Like 1

Ballard has had a strong first draft but he has missed on players too. If you guys recall, when Ballard was being interviewed apparently he spoke poorly of the organization and wanted to clean things up, something ownership did not like/want to hear. 

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Ballard has had a strong first draft but he has missed on players too. If you guys recall, when Ballard was being interviewed apparently he spoke poorly of the organization and wanted to clean things up, something ownership did not like/want to hear. 

I remember hearing something like this which now looking back  is kind of stupid since you know...he worked in the organization before and saw what worked and didn't work. I think they were scared to hire Ballard in fear that it would be an unpopular move among the fan base because of the ties to the Angelo/Lovie regime and they didn't want to be perceived as not thinking outside the box and just making the easy and obvious choice.

50 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

He was probably right.

54 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I remember hearing something like this which now looking back  is kind of stupid since you know...he worked in the organization before and saw what worked and didn't work. I think they were scared to hire Ballard in fear that it would be an unpopular move among the fan base because of the ties to the Angelo/Lovie regime and they didn't want to be perceived as not thinking outside the box and just making the easy and obvious choice.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't