He can barely coach Tennessee let alone an NFL team

28 minutes ago, zelbell said:

He can barely coach Tennessee let alone an NFL team

You could be right but sometimes it takes a while to learn a job

Also I am more angered at Wilks defense then Freddie’s offense

11 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

You could be right but sometimes it takes a while to learn a job

Also I am more angered at Wilks defense then Freddie’s offense

Nah I disagree our defense has been good enough to win. Our offense has not reached half their potential in terms of talent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Let’s agree to disagree on this but haven’t we surrendered north of 30 several times

Yes, but a couple of those games it was mainly the offense putting the defense in a bad situation.

Awful tackling killed us vs. Denver. The 49ers game was the only game where the defense looked straight up bad for the whole game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yes, but a couple of those games it was mainly the offense putting the defense in a bad situation.

Awful tackling killed us vs. Denver. The 49ers game was the only game where the defense looked straight up bad for the whole game.

They gave up against the Titans.

The offense coughed it up a couple times, but the defense quit too.

6 hours ago, mistakey said:

This is the **** that gets me- when people make hot takes about people they’ve never met and their ability to do intangible things

and then when we lose they think that it verifies their unverifiable priors 

prob gonna be McCarthy 

wth are you talking about.

F-McCarthy... oh please no.

So, you think it's unverifiable that Urban Meyer is an elite program or culture leader? That, I would have had to know him on a personal level in order to verify his intangible leadership? LOL.

As human beings, we believe many things that we don't have direct experience with. Many of these things are based on the illusion of knowledge and/or the illusion of certainty. However, there are some things that can be understood through the transfer of knowledge and information from trusted others, knowledge sources, or acquired via indirect experience.

I'm not just giving some hot take (my post is still long, nonquality trash though I agree).. I have family all around in the football business which is more than most. Although it wouldn't actually matter and means absolutely nothing the funny thing is that I've actually met and spoken with Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, and David Shaw about leadership and building culture during my 18 years at Ohio State.

I've also spoken with Northwestern's athletic director during those years about Pat Fitzgerald although I've never met him in person or had prolonged conversations with him.

I've never met or spoken to Chris Peterson, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, or Lincoln RIley. My beliefs about their intangible leadership qualities are all based on 3 things: 1.) The evidence of their program building in multiple college programs (not Riley), 2.) What trusted others have to say about their leadership and intangibles, and 3.) What the players and people around their organization have to say about them.

So, my post wasn't just some hot-take about unverifiable things.

However, your post in response to mine was indeed pure poster fun hot-takesman emptiness posting just to feel good invalidating an opinion. The idea of "how we can know nothing about things we have no direct experience with ... and how when things that we falsely thought we knew about go wrong we improperly think it unverifies that which we never knew." would be an interesting point about human psychology if it applied or had more depth but it's fluffy.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

wth are you talking about.

F-McCarthy... oh please no.

So, you think it's unverifiable that Urban Meyer is an elite program or culture leader? That, I would have had to know him on a personal level in order to verify his intangible leadership? LOL.

As human beings, we believe many things that we don't have direct experience with. Many of these things are based on the illusion of knowledge and/or the illusion of certainty. However, there are some things that can be understood through the transfer of knowledge and information from trusted others, knowledge sources, or acquired via indirect experience.

I'm not just giving some hot take (my post is still long, nonquality trash though I agree).. I have family all around in the football business which is more than most. Although it wouldn't actually matter and means absolutely nothing the funny thing is that I've actually met and spoken with Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, and David Shaw about leadership and building culture during my 18 years at Ohio State.

I've also spoken with Northwestern's athletic director during those years about Pat Fitzgerald although I've never met him in person or had prolonged conversations with him.

I've never met or spoken to Chris Peterson, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, or Lincoln RIley. My beliefs about their intangible leadership qualities are all based on 3 things: 1.) The evidence of their program building in multiple college programs (not Riley), 2.) What trusted others have to say about their leadership and intangibles, and 3.) What the players and people around their organization have to say about them.

So, my post wasn't just some hot-take about unverifiable things.

However, your post in response to mine was indeed pure poster fun hot-takesman emptiness posting just to feel good invalidating an opinion. The idea of "how we can know nothing about things we have no direct experience with ... and how when things that we falsely thought we knew about go wrong we improperly think it unverifies that which we never knew." would be an interesting point about human psychology if it applied or had more depth but it's fluffy.

Urban Meyer sure.  The other 13 people you made judgments on gtfoh