Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Please no to Urban Meyer. Shock alert he wasn’t a great coach at thee Ohio State university. Great recruiter, mediocre coach. 

I don't agree with this at all. And I'm not even a Buckeye fan. Would he make an awesome NFL HC? I have no idea. But he's certainly a great college coach.

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't agree with this at all. And I'm not even a Buckeye fan. Would he make an awesome NFL HC? I have no idea. But he's certainly a great college coach.

Fantastic coach. Top 3 all time for us. 

Woody

Urban 

Tresell 

Ryan Day is going to be top 5 dude is a machine I’m so impressed with him. 

Edited by brownie man

22 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Please no to Urban Meyer. Shock alert he wasn’t a great coach at thee Ohio State university. Great recruiter, mediocre coach. 

Urbz was a fantastic coach for tOSU. At a program like tOSU, he wasnt needed to be a positional type coach or a coordinator. He was the CEO of the program. Thats kinda something the Browns need. Urbz knows how to connect to players. What makes him a great recruiter was his ability to connect and motivate players. Something the Browns havent seen from a coach. Also with Urbz, he was all about letting his coaching staff coach. Dude has one of the most impressive coaching trees. Its why some of those florida teams were so good, he developed one hell of a coaching staff. When tOSU struggled, its because the coaches in charge of an area struggled. With the biggest being Beck and Warniar being the OC after Herman left. If you ever listen to the Zach Smith podcast, the dude just rips on Warniar and blames him for a lot the following years of that title. You wouldnt worry about Urbz wanting to be the head of the offense or defense. 

I cant fault the guy for loving the QB run, dude is player the numbers game by having another blocker for the runner. Getting into the NFL, he prolly wouldnt use that scheme. 

Just be curious of what his NFL staff would look like.

Urbz wont ever coach in the NFL tho

When Urban became big, he was doing new things other offenses weren’t doing. After 15 years, he was still doing the same thing and wasn’t innovative anymore. At the college level, he was a master psychologist and a true leader. He was not without fault though and was overly loyal both to players and assistants. I’m not sure he’d be a good NFL coach but I’d be fine with him coming back to try it out if he was surrounded with NFL quality assistants. Just let Ryan run the show in CBus now though. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Urbs playcalling was always disappointing and seemed to care about his system more than the players in it.  Like others have said great CEO but average coach. 

Urbz wouldn’t be the play caller   

hard to call him a avg coach when he has the resume he has

also you don’t do the things at Utah Florida And Ohio stste being an avg coach