Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d rather hire Ryan day than urb. 

On 11/7/2019 at 10:33 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Please no to Urban Meyer. Shock alert he wasn’t a great coach at thee Ohio State university. Great recruiter, mediocre coach. 

Madness.. absolute madness... how soon we forget history of elite excellence, culture coaching (please no comments about players getting in trouble or whatever), and winning program building

Sounds like you all have been hittin' smokey smokey drippy drippy sauce too hard...

100.webp?cid=790b7611fcf6dfaa170f519f9b9

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611e9492325a151d513a

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I would not discount Jason Garrett as a candidate. If the Cowboys don’t hang on and end up missing the playoffs, this could be the year that they finally make the move. If they do, I imagine he will end up somewhere.

That would be about as vanilla a hire as McCarthy. Garrett does let his OC do his job though so that’s a plus. 

If we're not going to hire a previously successful Head Coach that is adept at building a winning culture, I'd rather just stick with Freddie.

This franchise can't escape the rinse and repeat of just hiring coordinators. It made some sense before because no one wanted to take the job except for maybe HC retreads or a person that just wanted to get a shot at the HC job. 

We now have the talent to attract an experienced winning coach.

I want nothing to do with firing just to hire another coordinator as HC.

Until we're ready to learn from past mistakes we deserve to live with our poor decisions.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

If we're not going to hire a previously successful Head Coach that is adept at building a winning culture, I'd rather just stick with Freddie.

This franchise can't escape the rinse and repeat of just hiring coordinators. It made some sense before because no one wanted to take the job except for maybe HC retreads or a person that just wanted to get a shot at the HC job. 

We now have the talent to attract an experienced winning coach.

I want nothing to do with firing just to hire another coordinator as HC.

Until we're ready to learn from past mistakes we deserve to live with our poor decisions.

Live with our poor decisions? We don’t have the window to do that. We need to win now. If Freddie isn’t the right guy move on. Don’t f around like we did with hue

On 11/9/2019 at 2:32 AM, Mind Character said:

Madness.. absolute madness... how soon we forget history of elite excellence, culture coaching (please no comments about players getting in trouble or whatever), and winning program building

Sounds like you all have been hittin' smokey smokey drippy drippy sauce too hard...

100.webp?cid=790b7611fcf6dfaa170f519f9b9

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611e9492325a151d513a

What kinda weed you smokin if it’s dripping 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Good head coaches aren’t available 

this is always the craziest thing I don’t get. 

You can’t hire head coaches with previous success not named Mike McCarthy because they don’t lose their jobs. 

Andy Reid doesn’t happen that’s a once in 100 year thing  

and even then the eagles eventually do when a SuperBowl after hiring a coordinator. 

I want Stefanski I love his mentality and his offense.