Jump to content

Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The obvious way to go in the head coaching search is to hire the hot coordinator name.

@Mind Character

It's happening ... isn't it? Lol.

Let the insanity cycle commence...

Insanity Cycle in 6 Parts:

1.) Hire Hot Name Coordinator

2.) Realize Hot Name Coordinator Doesn't Have the Depth Ability to Build a Winning Program/Culture/Habits

3.) Start to Realize You Hired a Guy That's Not a Head Coach

4.) Fire Head Coach

5.) Have Paints Tingle at the Sight of New Hot Name Coordinators

6.) Hire Hot Name Coordinator

7.) Repeat Steps 2-6

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Vee-Rex this is exactly why per our earlier interaction 

Fair, and good to know.

FWIW, I've spent 20 years investing myself into trying to determine the best coaches/GMs/players that would help our team. I'm now exhausted, and would shrug even if we brought in Condoleezza Rice lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

One name that surfaced today in connection with Wade Phillips, DC and Joe Lombardi, QBC/OC is Dennis Allen, the current DC New Orleans Saints. 

He had a terrible time as Head Coach in Oakland going 8-28.

HC: Dennis Allen; QBC/OC: Joe Lombardi; DC: Wade Phillips

He loves analytics and has been known to have the ability to wow owners.

If he gets in the room with truckstop Jimmy, he may win him over quickly and convince him he's going to bring the Saints system to Cleveland.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

One name that surfaced today in connection with Wade Phillips, DC and Joe Lombardi, QBC/OC is Dennis Allen, the current DC New Orleans Saints. 

He had a terrible time as Head Coach in Oakland going 8-28.

HC: Dennis Allen; QBC/OC: Joe Lombardi; DC: Wade Phillips

He loves analytics and has been known to have the ability to wow owners.

If he gets in the room with truckstop Jimmy, he may win him over quickly and convince him he's going to bring the Saints system to Cleveland.

 

I'm good with this hire on a surface level but I don't really know enough about him.  Wade Phillips would be such a score at DC Id roll with it.  I don't think Allen had a fair shot with the Raiders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike McDaniel, Running-Game-OC 49ers was reportedly the Coach that Drank Beers with Josh Gordon on the plane ride that got him suspsended.

McDaniel at that time was our Wide Receiver Coach.

Robert Saleh has been absolute buttcheeks with talented defensive players for years and is just having a standout year this year.

He's rah rah on the sideline, but is not known for a systematic plans and high-level leadership.

If he becomes our front-runner, I personally will save up my daughters diapers in a storage container out back, load that container on a flatbead, then I'll get in the driver's seat of said truck and proceed to ram the Berea headquarters gate and drop said feces on the front door of Berea HQ.

Just Say No to the Hot Name Coordinator.... for the love of goodness..

I can't do it again..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I have zero interest in Saleh. This is the first year his defense has looked good and that's when they're loaded with talent, especially along the DL.

I don't care at all about how his defesne fared.

If you are bringing in a defensive head coach, its not to run your defense.

We need a head coach who has leadership abilities, who players will run through a wall for, who can handle big personalities and keep the locker room disciplined.  We need a leader.  I agree if we were looking for him to come in as our defensive coordinator I would not be impressed.  I actually like him as a HC candidate...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I don't care at all about how his defesne fared.

If you are bringing in a defensive head coach, its not to run your defense.

We need a head coach who has leadership abilities, who players will run through a wall for, who can handle big personalities and keep the locker room disciplined.  We need a leader.  I agree if we were looking for him to come in as our defensive coordinator I would not be impressed.  I actually like him as a HC candidate...

^^^ This guy's dialed in...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

^^^ This guy's dialed in...

I've always thought HC who get hired because of how good a coordinator they are is an insane way to look at it.

Last year I was on the Dave Toub band wagon because I thought he could be a leader of men.

I'm not sure where I'm at this year.

I don't trust McCarthy not to go back to his old habits and run a 1990's offense.  Also don't like that his players didn't love him.

I don't want McDaniels if hes just going to blow up our front office (again).  But i do love the thoughts of Baker and Chubb and Odell and Jarvis and Hunt in his offense.

I know they liked Kevin Stefanski last year, but was that because of him as a leader or an offensive coordinator/HC for Baker.  I'm not sure I want the guy who does both if hes not an experienced or master mind OC?

I don't like how Greg Roman has never gotten the call as HC even though hes been a superb offensive coordinator (SF and Baltimore and he wasn't half bad in Buffalo).  I like that hes run first but only because of Chubb, thats not how the league is progressing.

I really like what I've seen with how much Robert Saleh's players like playing for him and how dialed in he is during games.  But hes also never been a coach before.  I think hes my favorite at the moment but I don't know the staff he would put together.  Hopefully guys who know what they are doing because that will be super important too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

It's happening ... isn't it? Lol.

Let the insanity cycle commence...

Insanity Cycle in 6 Parts:

1.) Hire Hot Name Coordinator

2.) Realize Hot Name Coordinator Doesn't Have the Depth Ability to Build a Winning Program/Culture/Habits

3.) Start to Realize You Hired a Guy That's Not a Head Coach

4.) Fire Head Coach

5.) Have Paints Tingle at the Sight of New Hot Name Coordinators

6.) Hire Hot Name Coordinator

7.) Repeat Steps 2-6

almost all head coaches start out as coordinators though at some point. . .

unless youre andy reid, jim zorn or tom coughlin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...