Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

1 minute ago, matt27j said:

This extensive search is unnerving. There's only a couple guys with hc experience and they should be the be the hire. Mccarth or mcd. 

May already be decided stefanski on a backtrack. 

Interviewing Stefanski for a 3rd time seems unnecessary, same with McCarthy.  Dorsey has known the guy for a decade and worked with him.

If McDaniels is their guy and they’re willing to can Dorsey for him, offer him the job and be done with it.

If Dorsey is staying, pick a guy.  You just did this whole dog and pony show a year ago candidates are mostly the same dudes.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love to hear Shanny’s advice to his guys about the organization.

Maybe he still has the PowerPoint 

Publicly he's said he likes the Haslams. My guess is his issue was with Pettine/Farmer. Unlike the Redskins, which he seems to despise the FO/Ownership over there.

I don't know much about our offensive guys, but i am pleased with our use of offensive personnel, play calls, and game plan in general. I suspect hiring one of McDaniel/LaFleur would be good for the Browns. 

As for Saleh, he can be a bit stubborn at times with his scheme. But he seems like a great leader of men. I think he'd be a better HC than DC. He'd probably try to bring LaFleur or McDaniel with him to be his OC. Shanny didn't let them go last offseason, but might let them go this time around.

Just doing a casual scan of the HC candidates out there for the Browns...i think you guys would do well hiring one of the 49ers staff. It would suck to lose them, but you can't keep assistants forever. 

Best of luck with the search, Browns fans! 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 4