Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wtf does this mean 

My guess is PD is doing the prep work, coordinating timeframes, suggesting potential coaches, designing interview, etc. Jimmy and Dee Truckstop are leading the interviews and making the decision. :(

Edited by dawgattack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wtf does this mean 

It means that Depo is organizing the process of who they plan on interviewing, but the Haslam's will ultimately pick the coach.  I'm sure this is what it's been like in the past, but maybe they plan on hiring who THEY want, and not who is suggested to them.  I'm sure nothing will go wrong there.  "que eye roll gif"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

My guess is PD is doing the prep work, coordinating timeframes, suggesting potential coaches, designing interview, etc. Jimmy and Dee Truckstop are leading the interviews and making the decision. :(

Good to see a nerd who knows his place. Do the paper work pencil pusher. 

• Like 2

I think Stefanski will have success somewhere, just not here. You cannot hire an inexperienced first time HC again. Depo should get canned if we do.

You need a guy that will come in and demand respect day 1 from the vets in the lockeroom.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Would it be possible to know who is in charge of this team on an annual basis? At least in Dallas you know that Jerry Jones is in charge even if he is a blundering idiot. Here, Jimmy truckstop is in charge but divides up authority aimlessly from season to season. At least in this case I like a nerd running things, but who knows who will be in charge tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I think Stefanski will have success somewhere, just not here. You cannot hire an inexperienced first time HC again. Depo should get canned if we do.

You need a guy that will come in and demand respect day 1 from the vets in the lockeroom.

Success is one contributor to gaining respect, but I also don’t think it’s impossible for a younger guy to have a good locker and presence and garner respect. People know if the head coach knows what he is doing. I think it was clear that the players knew that Freddie Kitchens did not know what he was doing as the head coach. If our coach comes in and gets it, the players will fall in line. You can’t fool professionals.

• Like 3

Just now, candyman93 said:

I get that take, I really do.  But you don't need to have previous HC experience to command respect. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder what McDaniels plans for s&c and training are. He must have some grand plan if it’s important enough to walk away because of. 

i think its probably more like this:

pollard and dorsey are best friends, dorsey notoriously hired all the assistants here, even hired Kitchens as AHC/rb coach.  Sounds like Pollard learned from his friend and McDaniels didnt want to get Hue'd/Kitchens'd

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder what McDaniels plans for s&c and training are. He must have some grand plan if it’s important enough to walk away because of. 

I think it’s more about wanting to build an organization top down like Belichick has.

He doesn’t want someone else having a say in something that impacts his job performance.  

I don’t blame him one bit for demanding it if he can get it.