Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

47 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Was Lynn the play caller for the chargers? Herbert had a pretty good season

I don't think so but he's had some pretty good success with running backs no matter what position he's been coaching in which I'm sure excites Zimmer.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don't want anything to do with Jay Gruden.

Not saying I want him, just throwing out the possibility as I'm sure all the talking heads will draw that connection too. 

I can’t say that hiring Lynn as OC would excite me, but it would definitely fit Zimmer’s pattern of hiring coaches. Well respected, a teacher, and a former HC.

I’d rather just see them promote Klint Kubiak. He reportedly has a very good relationship with Cousins, and this team could use a more youthful/modern approach. 

56 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I can’t say that hiring Lynn as OC would excite me, but it would definitely fit Zimmer’s pattern of hiring coaches. Well respected, a teacher, and a former HC.

I’d rather just see them promote Klint Kubiak. He reportedly has a very good relationship with Cousins, and this team could use a more youthful/modern approach. 

Are we sure that would be the case with Klint? Youthful maybe, but would he bring a modern approach? His only pro experience has been working under his father, Norv Turner, and Bill Musgrave.

Edited by RpMc

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think we'll see a repeat of what we've seen before...Lynn will get the job, take the team far in the playoffs, get another HC job and then Klint will take over at OC in 2022.

I should preface this with that this is what should have happened with the Shurmur/Stefanski situation...this time Zim will learn from his mistake of hiring DeFilippo and just go to the guy who's already in waiting after Lynn gets a new job.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Can’t attest to the validity of this report, but Mike LeFleur would be an interesting choice, and a possible setup for a brother against brother rivalry. 

You're too fast for me these days, Semper.  LaFleur would certainly make for some interesting family get togethers for that family.