Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

I hope Klint is studying this game and how these two teams are utilizing their tight ends. If he’s going to have the tight ends on the field as much as his dad, he needs to find a lot more creative ways to use them. And the Chiefs and the Bucs know how to get creative, and how to use their tight ends. 

23 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If a defensive minded head coach keeps having his OCs hired away as head coaches, then he’s obviously doing something right. 

Except the offense has to start over every other year, which isn’t beneficial to the QB. In a QB driven league, that’s a problem. Unless of course you’ve got a franchise QB that dictates the offense and carries the team.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I hope Klint is studying this game and how these two teams are utilizing their tight ends. If he’s going to have the tight ends on the field as much as his dad, he needs to find a lot more creative ways to use them. And the Chiefs and the Bucs know how to get creative, and how to use their tight ends. 

Helps when you’ve got the likes of Brady, Mahomes, Gronk and Kelce. Arians has typically not used TEs, Gronk wasn’t a big part of the offense this year, but oddly had a big super bowl.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I don't know much about Janocko. Anyone know something interesting about him?

He was a QB in college, which is why it's only appropriate that he'll be the QB coach when Klint gets the OC job.  Other than that, he's following the same path as Stefanski and Ficken, as he's been here quite awhile, but he's only going into his 7th year.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Vikings saw the gameplan from Reid/Bieniemy last night and immediately pulled the trigger on Klint

Apparently I wasn't the only one who watched that game and saw that the Chiefs' offensive line play reminded them of the Vikings.  

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

When will Klint be hired away as a Head Coach though?

If the Vikings win the Super Bowl next year, it'll be 2022.  Otherwise, unless he's another Sean McVay, I'd expect him to be here at least 3 years, since he's only 33 yrs old.  

• Like 1