Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

11 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I think Teddy is going to be very marketable once the season ends.  You just can't help but root for the guy.  I just hope he goes to a team I like!

Wonder what the Saints will do. Hard to push away a HOF player like Brees but Teddy played well for them and is still young enough to be part of the future. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wonder what the Saints will do. Hard to push away a HOF player like Brees but Teddy played well for them and is still young enough to be part of the future. 

Therein lies the dilemma for the Saints: keep the old pro, and risk having to dump resources into a draft pick or money into signing a FA when the old pro finally retires, or giving him the boot after years of faithful and productive service when his talent level is still high.

Edited by perrynoid
clarity?

1 hour ago, perrynoid said:

Therein lies the dilemma for the Saints: keep the old pro, and risk having to dump resources into a draft pick or money into signing a FA when the old pro finally retires, or giving him the boot after years of faithful and productive service when his talent level is still high.

Plus, even at Brees' age, he'll take up a lot more cap room than Tedward Bridgewater Esquire.

• Like 1

Stefanski might also be watching very closely the career dive of Shurmur right now....

sure, become a head coach of a struggling team... be given the reins to make it over in your image... then it poops, and you're unemployed. or soon will be. you look back and when were you the most successful and most highly regarded...?

Stefanski should stay put and become the head coach of the Vikings when the time is right for it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Chad Graff of the Athletic believes it's almost guaranteed that Stefanski gets a HC job after the season, but he did say one thing that kind of surprised me...that if Stef does get a job, the favorite for the OC job here is not Gary Kubiak, but in fact, his son Klint.  I personally think that's a stretch, considering Klint's only 32 and he has only been a solo QB coach for a couple of years (he was Musgrave's assistant QB coach in Denver until late in 2017, when Musgrave was promoted to OC mid-season).  If they don't go out of the organization for the replacement OC, I'd almost guarantee that it's Dennison that gets promoted to OC (Gary will stay in his same role) and Andrew Janocko would get promoted to full-time OL coach.  Janocko has been the assistant OL coach for 5 years now...it's his time to get promoted.  

Edited by swede700

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Chad Graff of the Athletic believes it's almost guaranteed that Stefanski gets a HC job after the season, but he did say one thing that kind of surprised me...that if Stef does get a job, the favorite for the OC job here is not Gary Kubiak, but in fact, his son Klint.  I personally think that's a stretch, considering Klint's only 32 and he has only been a solo QB coach for a couple of years (he was Musgrave's assistant QB coach in Denver until late in 2017, when Musgrave was promoted to OC mid-season).  If they don't go out of the organization for the replacement OC, I'd almost guarantee that it's Dennison that gets promoted to OC (Gary will stay in his same role) and Andrew Janocko would get promoted to full-time OL coach.  Janocko has been the assistant OL coach for 5 years now...it's his time to get promoted.  

I’d rather take a shot on Clint (knowing his dad will still be here) than going with Dennison, who’s proven to be a bad OC.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d rather take a shot on Clint (knowing his dad will still be here) than going with Dennison, who’s proven to be a bad OC.

While he didn't have a great track record lately, he hadn't really been blessed with halfway decent QB play since Jay Cutler in his first stint as Denver's OC (and the Broncos had the best offense in the NFL at the time).  Otherwise, he's only had Peyton Manning after his arm fell off.  The rest of the list includes Brick Osweiler, Tyrod Taylor,  Nathan Peterman,  Matt Schaub, TJ Yates and Case Keenum...and yet he still was able to get them to play well enough to make the playoffs consistently (even in Buffalo).  Kirk would probably be the best QB he's had since Cutler.