Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

So we're going to maintain the same course we're on right now, but try and upgrade here and there and take another swing at it.

Probably not the way I'd go but i get it. Hopefully the upgrades include the passing game (protection), and not ,how do we run the ball more.?"

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

So we're going to maintain the same course we're on right now, but try and upgrade here and there and take another swing at it.

Probably not the way I'd go but i get it. Hopefully the upgrades include the passing game (protection), and not ,how do we run the ball more.?"

I do think there will be improvement in the o-line, just because Bradbury will get stronger.  

3 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Ultimately, the OL has to be improved. I’d hope they can land a really good OG in the draft and experiment with O’Neill and Udoh as the Tackles. Honestly don’t know how much can be invested in the OL given all the potential holes on the defense.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Ultimately, the OL has to be improved. I’d hope they can land a really good OG in the draft and experiment with O’Neill and Udoh as the Tackles. Honestly don’t know how much can be invested in the OL given all the potential holes on the defense.

I would focus very intently on upgrading the few (big) hole on offense, then cut some of the fat on defense and scatter shot the defensive holes in the mid to late rounds.  Give the young guys a chance to step up and fill in the holes in 2021.

I think this works well, because in upgrading the O you're simultaneously giving Kirk what he needs to maybe make things happen in 2020 while also giving a young QB a soft landing spot in the future.

Downside is that no one really steps up and defense completely erodes, but eventually this team needs to start leveraging the advantage Zimmer gives you on defense and give the offense as much as they can.

6 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Downside is that no one really steps up and defense completely erodes, but eventually this team needs to start leveraging the advantage Zimmer gives you on defense and give the offense as much as they can.

Honestly, with Hunter, Kendricks, & Smith, there is a couple year window where I have a hard time seeing it completely erode. 

• Like 2

I think this was a massive mistake for both Stefanski and the Browns.

bad for Stefanski because he is going to the worst organization in the league and will probably be out in 1-2 years. It’ll set back his career 5+ years. The only way it makes sense for him is if Zimmer told him he was out either way and this was the only job offer.

bad for the Browns because they have a lot of huge egos on that team that might not respond to a young, first time head coach, with no real history of winning. I think they would have been better off with  an established name to right the ship.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Sounds like the Vikings WR coach, Petzing, will be going to Cleveland with Stefanski. 

Which could open up the WR coach job for current OC Quality Control guy, Christian Jones (if they don't go outside).  

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Great opening to bring PJ Fleck in as our WR coach tbh.

I've wondered about Fleck and just haven't said anything... I think WR coach might be his basement in the NFL right now. I could see someone taking a shot at OC or even HC for him especially if he has another great year.

3 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I've wondered about Fleck and just haven't said anything... I think WR coach might be his basement in the NFL right now. I could see someone taking a shot at OC or even HC for him especially if he has another great year.

Probably not, his little tactics he does seem to be more of a college thing. Not really a millionaire football player sort of thing. 

Really only see him sticking to college football. 

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure he wants to go to the NFL.  He's been a NFL assistant before, for one year.  And I've gathered, from him talking before, that wasn't a whole lot of fun for him.  He's a college guy, through and through.  

Vikings aren't going to be the downfall of this recent Gopher surge by hiring their coach either.