Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

So again, it wasn't that Haslam wanted Berry, but moreso that Spiels and Company again convinced him to stay.  He's our version of Eric DeCosta.  Once Spielman decides to step down, Paton will be there.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, babababa said:

Except running Cook to 4.5 ypc (his actual statistical average) does.  

There is no better option than running the ball to set up the pass because it wears defenses out. You just have to have right personnel to make it work. Cook was one of the best backs in the league and this offense would do well to bolster the offensive line because it didn't show up versus the 49ers. 

Like none of this is factual

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

So again, it wasn't that Haslam wanted Berry, but moreso that Spiels and Company again convinced him to stay.  He's our version of Eric DeCosta.  Once Spielman decides to step down, Paton will be there.  

I do wonder if it’s and indication that Spielman won’t be here past his current contract, whether that’s the owner’s decision or Spielman’s decision. 

I can’t imagine that Paton would be so willing to stay if the common thought was that Spielman would be around for a long time. 

3 hours ago, babababa said:

...on the planet Alderon.

Is the defense not allowed to touch the running back until 5 yard past the LoS scrimmage?

If not than the passing game probably does fine there as well without the running game "setting them up"

Edited by Dolmonite26

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I do wonder if it’s and indication that Spielman won’t be here past his current contract, whether that’s the owner’s decision or Spielman’s decision. 

I can’t imagine that Paton would be so willing to stay if the common thought was that Spielman would be around for a long time. 

That's exactly what I immediately thought.  

43 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

too bad Stefanski didn't have the same measure of patience.

I think it’s a little different for coaching candidates. John DeFilippo is a prime cautionary tale. It only takes one disappointing year for your star to fade, if not disappear. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think it’s a little different for coaching candidates. John DeFilippo is a prime cautionary tale. It only takes one disappointing year for your star to fade, if not disappear. 

He did get another chance right away though