• Jermaine Kearse
    • Brandon Shell
    • Demario Davis
    • Josh Martin
    • Jamal Adams
    • Juston Burris
    • Chandler Catanzaro
    • Other

I don't see Adams as the best player yesterday, just because he was our first draft pick. No question he will be a outstanding player. With that said, I thought the two Jets guards were out standing, both Carpenter & Winter. They both held up great against a strong defensive line. 

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dude couldn't' contain the edge to save his life.

He'll grow and learn, remember we just went up against the best rushing attack in football. Not easy to contain Taylor and McCoy. I think thus far he's been a pleasant surprise considering most people thought he'd only help on special teams.

6 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

He'll grow and learn, remember we just went up against the best rushing attack in football. Not easy to contain Taylor and McCoy. I think thus far he's been a pleasant surprise considering most people thought he'd only help on special teams.

He was solid, he just hurt us in the run game. Led to DD and Lee having to chase far too often. 

5 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

Adams made the hit to allow Burris to make the redzone pick, had a nice TFL on McCoy, and scrapped for a ball after a reception that could have been a fumble. 

Yes. I kept seeing people say Tyrod's pass sailed or was tipped. Adams lit Clay up and Burris was in position. 

Adams was really good yesterday.

Personally I thought it was Ealy

Here's some PFF grades

TOP 5 GRADES:

DI Leonard Williams, 83.6 overall grade

Edge Kony Ealy, 83.5 overall grade

OT Brandon Shell, 80.1 overall grade

DI Muhammad Wilkerson, 79.3 overall grade

Edge Jordan Jenkins, 78.9 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB JOSH MCCOWN, 65.6 OVERALL GRADE

In his first start at quarterback for the Jets, McCown was solid for much of the game when it came to taking what the defense was giving him, while things starting to unravel somewhat when the Jets were pushed to force the issue late in the game. Pressured on just seven of his 40 dropbacks, McCown went just 2-for-6 for 16 yards and two interceptions. That resulted in an passer rating of just 2.8, compared with a rating of 84.3 when kept clean.

WR JERMAINE KEARSE, 75.8 OVERALL GRADE

The Jets new addition at wide receiver has quickly asserted himself as Josh McCown’s favorite target, with the former Seattle Seahawk seeing the most passes thrown his way (9) of any Jets receiver on the day. Targeted underneath, Kearse averaged just 8.4 yards per catch, with a long of 18, but how often his quarterback looked for him given how short a time he has been on the roster was telling.

EDGE KONY EALY, 83.5 OVERALL GRADE

The Jets picked up Ealy late in the offseason, but this move has already started paying dividends. Ealy recorded three total pressures – one hit and two hurries – on 19 pass-rushing snaps and also batted down a pass while he dominantly set the edge against the run.

S JAMAL ADAMS, 71.5 OVERALL GRADE

The rookie Adams had a mixed outing against the Bills as he struggled in run defense, but flashed ability in pass coverage. While he was beat for a long gain by Charles Clay early in the game, Adams made up for it by breaking up a pass and stopping Clay short of the sticks on a third down. Adams played 75 snaps, but only 19 came at safety, which led to some of his struggles against the run as he had to face Buffalo’s offensive linemen in the box.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-21-new-york-jets-12

John Gatta‏ @PFF_JohnGatta  

Juston Burris played 21 coverage snaps against BUF. He was targeted once, allowed no receptions, and came away with an interception #Jets

John Gatta‏ @PFF_JohnGatta  

The OL played well in pass protection (ranked 6th in pass blocking efficiency), but struggled run blocking (overall grade ranked 22nd) #Jets

I too felt Kony Ealy deserved some love. 

I don't understand why Burris isn't playing over Skrine in the base packages. Makes little-to-know sense.

Offensive line played a lot better than I expected, but our running game is going to stunt the offense tremendously... The dinking and dunking works if you can run the ball to utilize play action for the downfield throws, but without it... man it's going to be tough to generate yards. 

Side-note: if you need a TE in fantasy, target ASJ. He's likely the most talented pass catcher when he gets back, and it appears we'll be targeting TEs a ton this year. 

Yeah ironically we pass block decent though a lot is due to McCown getting rid of the ball quick. Our run blocking is just bad. Forte shouldnt be targeted hes a slug. 

Player of the game is entire team who tanked hard on sunday. keep it up boys only 15 more. 

Archived