Should hiring a President of Football Operations work be the next move?

brownie man

What might help  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should be hire a President of Football Ops?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

We can’t fire Jimmy and the issue starts at the top. 

And if Culture is our problem which it is and culture starts at the top how can we fix our culture?

I don’t think we can fire Dorsey because we do have talent, but we need to get this talent on the same page with discipline and accountability. 

so we’ve got to have someone bring that in to our team and I’m thinking they’d have to be above Dorsey because he’s the one bringing in these bad character players. We might need to limit how many of them can come in. 

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No. That is basically John Dorsey. Hiring another person to muddy up the chain of command won’t fix our issues. 

We need better offensive decision making. Everything else is fine. Let’s not panic and start reaching for drastic straws. 

lifting-up-glass.gif

• Like 1

The Coach is the culture setter and visionary. That person needs to be a builder, elite teacher, and programmatic learning designer/administrator, and lead teacher.

We need an elite Program/Culture leader Head Coach.

The best ones in the football landscape are in college football due to the numbers of college programs. In the NFL, such coaches are few and far between due to a limited amount of positions and scarcity, as well as lack of a Head Coach training program for young coaches due to staff turnover.

We just need a better coach and not some hot name coordinator.

Edited by Mind Character

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The Coach is the culture setter and visionary. That person needs to be a builder, elite teacher, and programmatic learning designer/administrator, and lead teacher.

We need an elite Program/Culture leader Head Coach.

The best ones in the football landscape are in college football due to the numbers of college programs. In the NFL, such coaches are few and far between due to a limited amount of positions and scarcity, as well as lack of a Head Coach training program for young coaches due to staff turnover.

We just need a better coach and not some hot name coordinator.

So you’re saying pull a coach from a college program (if we can)?

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Only if that person is me. I literally have a better track record than any President/GM we've had here other than maybe John Dorsey. I'll appoint @MSURacerDT55 @BleedTheClock @NateDawg as my scouts and @LETSGOBROWNIES can be the GFOFO (Godfather of Football Operations). This organization is the WORST. I'm still angry.

I’m game.

Just be ready to expense a lot of working lunches with Sashi.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m game.

Just be ready to expense a lot of working lunches with Sashi.

I plan on hiring Sashi in a consultant role and keeping DePo as our numbers guy.

So, what exactly will I be doing, you may ask?

I will be turning in draft cards, hiring/firing the head coach with a consensus vote with my GFOFO, and allowing MSU to pick ALL DL, BTC to work up a mock draft projection daily, and NateDawg to evaluate all skill players.

• Like 1