Describe Freddie Kitchens

brownie man

I was thinking about it last night. 

Freddie Kitchens is like that substitute teacher. As soon as you find out you have him the class runs loose. You realize this is now fun time. You may do some work and at times that sub may help you in an area where the other teacher wasn’t. You might improve for that day or two because it’s a different voice. 

but it is still grounded in an “I’m the real boss of this class room while your here” mentality. 

Like a sub might be good for a few days or even a week, but your not going to get into Harvard because of that substitute teacher. 

we are not getting into Harvard fellas 

but that’s how I feel about him. What does Freddie Kitchens mean to you?

• Like 2

Here's what I think:

He's the PERFECT coordinator. He's a players guy and bright from a positional/putting guys into position to succeed and scheming to the strengths of our roster, masking some weaknesses along the way. He was a major reason that Baker and our OL progressed, and he was the one who pushed for Chubb to be the dude last year.

Plenty of great OC/DC types don't make good head coaches, and I think that he fits into that mold. 

He's clearly not a good at delegating responsibilities or hiring assistants (or both), or leading an entire football team.