Lil Minny Winny @ BIG D SNF DO YOU BELIEVE???

resilient part 2

Imagine if this defense played with some kind of aggressive edge? 

like maybe some gambling, stacking the box, bringing some extra pressure, something to make the offense think. Instead we sit back and say hey keep pounding us for medium to short , but consistent gains that result in long drives and keep our offense ( which could have scored 50 tonight if they could get the damn ball back). 

almost all our loses are the same. We’re just not getting the offense on the field enough. 

Cousins wasn’t gonna beat us. No idea why this d continues to play so safe. 

22 minutes ago, Northland said:

Dak was a one man show tonight.  Great play by the Vikings LB.  

I agree, but the narrative on Dak before this season was him playing average all game but being clutch.

He played great today but couldn't get the clutch 4th down conversion. Although he should have had better playcalling on 3rd

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I agree, but the narrative on Dak before this season was him playing average all game but being clutch.

He played great today but couldn't get the clutch 4th down conversion. Although he should have had better playcalling on 3rd

The problem is we relied on Zeke when he was playing awful. 

Throw that ball 4 times from within the 10 and I bet we score. Or hell, let Dak run it. 

• Like 4

So, I’m at the game.  I’m surrounded by a pretty good group of guys.  We get the ball on the 6yard line.  We were all pretty excited.  We knew we were going to move the ball.  Sure enough we start marching right down the field.  

At a certain point, you could tell that JG just didn’t know how to manage the game clock.  If we score too soon, Minnesota WILL score.  So, it’s second and 2 and we have all 3 TOs.  We run Zeke for no gain.  We actually had this discussion...  “I think they are trying to run the clock so Vikings don’t have time left.”  “Yeah, that’s gotta be it cause we haven’t been able to run all night.”  “Well, of we are trying to run click down, why didn’t Dak wait for the 2 minute warning before running the play before the pass to Witten”  “Yeah, Dak took the snap when there was still 20 seconds he could have run off.  They’re not trying to run out the clock.”  

Then, on third and 2, the second Dak handed off to Zeke, there was a collective... “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”  That was before Zeke lost 3 yards.  And if Dak keeps the ball on either of those hand offs it’s likely and easy first down.  

At that point the momentum swung.  Game over.  

its just clear that it’s time for JG to be gone.  I would have fired him after the game if I could.  Clock management, constant slow starts, discipline, etc.  

• Like 4