Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Wait, when did Gould suffer this injury? In practice or last game? 

I mean I know he's been shaky this season, but he's still been one of the best kickers the last few years. Eventually he was/is going to turn it around IMO, especially with Nelson returning. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I was thinking it would be Sanders Samuel and Goodwin on the field. My reasoning is that their secondary is the worst part of their team and that by forcing them into the nickel we can expose their lack of depth and give us an even bigger advantage. 

Solid reasoning for sure. I will note that Barrows and others seem to indicate that Goodwin is likely to remain one of the inactive players. We'll see what happens, but if that's the case, I don't like taking our better players off the field to try and force the Seahawks into matching. That is honestly probably the case with or without Goodwin. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait, when did Gould suffer this injury? In practice or last game? 

I mean I know he's been shaky this season, but he's still been one of the best kickers the last few years. Eventually he was/is going to turn it around IMO, especially with Nelson returning. 

22 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Hmmmmm...I would say that Gould has been more trouble than he is worth, but I am certain there are a few teams who would not mind "dealing" with his "issues" thus far this year. I think it interesting that we don't even have him kickoff and I'm not certain how long that has been going on...

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hmmmmm...I would say that Gould has been more trouble than he is worth, but I am certain there are a few teams who would not mind "dealing" with his "issues" thus far this year. I think it interesting that we don't even have him kickoff and I'm not certain how long that has been going on...

Why would Gould do kickoffs? Not every kicker does the kickoffs. Mitch has a bigger leg and so did Pinion. Granted, now it isn't all about leg strength since the kickoffs are shorter but this isn't anything unusual or anything.

Gould is a legend who has had a bad start to the season. It's okay, he deserves a benefit of doubt and should be back to form in no time.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would Gould do kickoffs? Not every kicker does the kickoffs. Mitch has a bigger leg and so did Pinion. Granted, now it isn't all about leg strength since the kickoffs are shorter but this isn't anything unusual or anything.

Gould is a legend who has had a bad start to the season. It's okay, he deserves a benefit of doubt and should be back to form in no time.

I wonder how much of this bad start is because he didn't want to be here in the first place. 

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I wonder how much of this bad start is because he didn't want to be here in the first place. 

I just think he's had a tough time adjusting to a new placeholder and new snapper. Obviously he's had nice success with Nelson and once him and Mitch get on the same page, he should turn it around. I mean it can end up being mental as it was for Akers in 2012. Just gotta hope that isn't the case. 

@NinerNation21-

First, I'm not sure how, but you appear to have broken the quote button (at least on mobile). Re: Gould's rough start via not wanting to be here, I would say it's very unlikely given that he signed a 4-year contract with multiple team options on the deadline date. If he didn't want to be here, he was literally 8 hours away from playing one more season and leaving next year (we wouldn't franchise a kicker multiple times).

If he was playing on the tag, I think that theory would have more clout. 

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

@NinerNation21-

First, I'm not sure how, but you appear to have broken the quote button (at least on mobile). Re: Gould's rough start via not wanting to be here, I would say it's very unlikely given that he signed a 4-year contract with multiple team options on the deadline date. If he didn't want to be here, he was literally 8 hours away from playing one more season and leaving next year (we wouldn't franchise a kicker multiple times).

If he was playing on the tag, I think that theory would have more clout. 

Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes when I quote someone, a "1" and tons of space are added to the quote and I don't know how to get rid of it.