Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Kyler's speed is comparable to Lamar's; that was my point.

I wouldn't put Kyler's straight line speed close to Lamar's. I'd probably put it somewhere between Lamar and Wilson's, though. Unfortunately, we don't really have data to back it up either way, so its' all really just guess work based on the eye test. Faster than Wilson, slower than Jackson in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I mean, he's no Lamar. I don't think Kyler is superior in that regard though. Pocket movement, elusiveness, awareness. Wilson is top notch in these regards. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Kyler's speed is comparable to Lamar's; that was my point.

I agree Wilson's instincts are top notch above Lamar and Kyler's, i dont factor in the speed much. Wilson just seems to get out of of slippery situations and thats the frustrating part

They just need to keep the plays in front of them and tackle well. Don't allow for the big play and just play the bend but don't break style of defense. Seattle is not really that good. It's a lot of Wilson winning shootouts. Keep everything in front and let the 49ers offense go to work on the extremely sub par Seattle defense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

They just need to keep the plays in front of them and tackle well. Don't allow for the big play and just play the bend but don't break style of defense. Seattle is not really that good. It's a lot of Wilson winning shootouts. Keep everything in front and let the 49ers offense go to work on the extremely sub par Seattle defense.

They're benefitting from a lot of luck. Of their 7 wins, they have 1 win where they won by more than 1 score. 3 of their wins had a differential of less than 3 points. They're being propped up by Wilson and their defense is doing everything it can to lose them games. Wilson will HAVE to play like an MVP this game and rest of the year for them to get to the playoffs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Just read that we are tied 1st in the League on zone usage at 71%. 

I can't link it, so take with whatever salt grain, but I very much do trust this source. 

I almost posted a response to that saying my guess would be about 75% of the time but then forgot to hit submit 

So I trust your source 

On 11/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, clarkfn2284 said:

I think this game is pretty simple in nature. Expose the Seattle defense, grow the lead and then run the clock out. Seattle as a team is not scary. Wilson carries the team. The running lanes should be there, the passing opportunities should be there. Win first down and control the down and distance game. Carson is an option in the pass game. They will check down to him, but really a lot of what they do on offense is Wilson moving and taking shots. Secondary needs to hold up and limit the Seattle WR's downfield. I agree with J that a quarters look on defense isn't a terrible idea. IT helps against the spread because you are more athletic with only 1 LB on the field.

Niners get out in front early and never look back

37-17

Carson averages 2.5 catches a game. It's not like they throw to him all that often. Most of their games he has 1 or 2 catches. 

I agree with most of what you said, except running the clock out will never be on my mind unless we are up three scores. Wilson has worked magic all year long. I don't want to get the lead and be content with just having the lead. We need to push the game out of reach. You can still throw the ball and keep the clock running.

We have gotten big leads then just ran the ball a lot to kill clock and slow the game down. It's worked really well for us because we were playing some bad offenses who can't score quickly. The Seahawks have the ability to score very quickly and that means we need to adjust our strategy a little bit this week. 

Let's open up the game throwing the ball, come out three wide and take some shots down the field to set the tone, and just keep piling on. We should be able to score 30+ points on them. 

This is a statement game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Let's open up the game throwing the ball, come out three wide and take some shots down the field to set the tone, and just keep piling on. We should be able to score 30+ points on them. 

I definitely agree with the philosophy of putting up points and not getting comfortable with a lead, but why run out of a personnel group that isn't our strength? Especially with Juice back, I am fine with basic 21 personnel and running the offense we want to run. That seems like the better plan than removing Juice and throwing in Dante Pettis. 

Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say and you wanted to split Juice or the HB out wide. Then I'm fully supportive. 

• Like 1

I definitely agree with your aggressive pass game early, @N4L, and then mix it up on the ground. I love watching our run game in action, but I think the opponent will be looking to cheat up against that early on.. so start with more passes. Don't have to go wild, but let's see a few mid-deep shots in the first couple of possessions.  

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

but why run out of a personnel group that isn't our strength?

hypothetically, to catch em off guard in what they expected and planned for? :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I definitely agree with your aggressive pass game early, @N4L, and then mix it up on the ground. I love watching our run game in action, but I think the opponent will be looking to cheat up against that early on.. so start with more passes. Don't have to go wild, but let's see a few mid-deep shots in the first couple of possessions.  

hypothetically, to catch em off guard in what they expected and planned for? :P 

Makes sense, but I think Shanahan has no problem doing just that out of our strongest group.

4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I definitely agree with the philosophy of putting up points and not getting comfortable with a lead, but why run out of a personnel group that isn't our strength? Especially with Juice back, I am fine with basic 21 personnel and running the offense we want to run. That seems like the better plan than removing Juice and throwing in Dante Pettis. 

Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say and you wanted to split Juice or the HB out wide. Then I'm fully supportive. 

I was thinking it would be Sanders Samuel and Goodwin on the field. My reasoning is that their secondary is the worst part of their team and that by forcing them into the nickel we can expose their lack of depth and give us an even bigger advantage. 

We ran three wide last week more than we did basically the rest of the season combined. I actually do think we can utilize this now that we have Sanders. 

We can still run the ball out of this personnel grouping. Even if kittle is not playing, we can put juice at kittles spot or have him in an Hback role. 

A lot of our runs go to the outside, and our WRs are pretty good at run blocking, so running the ball to the edge where we pull our OL and have the WRs (deebo) crack back on a DE or a pursuing LB should create running lanes as well. 

I'm not saying to run this 100% of the time, just to put it in the game plan and mix it in on non third down situations. 

A score early gets the crowd into it too