Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Yeah, the team is fine shutting down Kittle for a week or two if he isn't ready. With Juice and the Tackle(s) back, the run game should improve, and he can help pick up the slack some in the passing game (as can Sanders). 

The second Spoon injury doesn't sound major at all. He should still be playing in November from the sounds of it. 

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Spoooooonnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if Kittle is going to play, he needs that Dee Ford treatment where he doesn't practice at all. Just be ready for Monday night! If still not ready, no worries, rest up and get back when you are ready. 

I think you guys booty r*** the Seahawks in another statement game. Personally I see the rest of the schedule going like this:

vs Seattle Seahawks - W 34-10

vs Arizona Cardinals - W 27-15

vs Green Bay Packers - L 24-21

at Baltimore Ravens - W 26-19

at New Orleans Saints - L 31-17

vs Atlanta Falcons - W 40-17

vs Los Angeles Rams - L 37-34 OT

at Seattle Seahawks - L 27-23

12-4 #3 seed, finish 1-1 in playoffs. 

I’m very 50-50 on both the Packer and Raven. I think you guys come out of that with a split somehow. The Packer game is obviously much more important and is more than likely for the #2 seed.

As for the Rams game, I expect the OVER to absolutely hit in Round 2. And the Rams offense is coming along. 

I’m on record saying Saints are the best team in the league. Top 5 QB, Top 5 Coach, Top 5 RB, Top 5 WR, and the best Pass Protection I have seen in my lifetime. Like legit the best ever. And their defense is arguably Top 5, and at least Top 8. It’s the only game all year that your DL plays an OL better than them. 

As for the final Seattle game, they will need that game to get in the playoffs, it’s in Seattle, and Wilson will put the team on his back. 

Not lookin for hate, throughly impressed with the 49er season. Lynch and Shanahan have done a marvelous job. Shanahan is almost a lock for COTY, even if Gruden makes the playoffs I’d still give it to Shanny. He is easily a Top 5-7 HC. Jimmy G doesn’t get enough respect. Even on bad teams, all that guy does is win. Non injury game he is 18-1. He executes the offense extremely well. He’s a Top 15 QB to me all day long. Offensive Line is solid. Run Game solid (can only imagine if Shanny had a Kamara or Jacobs....). Nick Bosa lookin like a Hall of Famer, Buckner having a scary quiet good season as always, he’s elite. Defense as a whole looks amazing and for sure Top 5.

Good job this year guys. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

Yep, no Kittle again.. but I guess since we are a Monday night matchup, tomorrow's practice report will tell us. Still not sure whether to be concerned or just maybe since Kittle already knows wtf he's doing, this is a strategy to muddle the Seahawks' entire D gameplanning. :/ 

9 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Yep, no Kittle again.. but I guess since we are a Monday night matchup, tomorrow's practice report will tell us. Still not sure whether to be concerned or just maybe since Kittle already knows wtf he's doing, this is a strategy to muddle the Seahawks' entire D gameplanning. :/ 

Honestly, I'm fine without kittle for the next two games. Obviously he's irreplaceable, but we have other guys who can catch passes and we have other guys who can run block. 

This offense is not about any one player. It's about all of the versatile pieces working together in unison. 

Kittle is a great piece to have, but I'm confident in the other guys and the fact that the Seahawks and Cardinals have bad secondaries lol

Hopefully he comes back against the Packers, but I'd rather have kittle in December and January than in November 

He's the kind of guy that could miss all 8 remaining regular season games and come into a playoff game and drop a 150 and a couple of stiff arms like he never missed a snap 

• Like 1

I get the next man up, we have talent elsewhere, etc. but Kittle is a bigger loss than any of the other guys that have gone down. Juice would be the most comparable for me. He is so important in our scheme and execution. He makes certain plays possible in the run and pass and changes both our talent and emotion on the field. I think it’s a little bit of overconfidence to those saying we’re fine if we sit him. Yeah, we can win without him. But we can win without Jimmy also. Doesn’t mean if he’s a little sore we rest him. 

I’m very hopeful that he can play and they’re just holding him out of practice to give him as much rest as possible. We’re due for a loss, and I think once we have one, the losses will come easier. We need to pile on every win we can because we’re not going to the Super Bowl if the road to it goes through New Orleans. We need home field or this season will not end with #6. 

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

I get the next man up, we have talent elsewhere, etc. but Kittle is a bigger loss than any of the other guys that have gone down. Juice would be the most comparable for me. He is so important in our scheme and execution. He makes certain plays possible in the run and pass and changes both our talent and emotion on the field. I think it’s a little bit of overconfidence to those saying we’re fine if we sit him. Yeah, we can win without him. But we can win without Jimmy also. Doesn’t mean if he’s a little sore we rest him. 

I’m very hopeful that he can play and they’re just holding him out of practice to give him as much rest as possible. We’re due for a loss, and I think once we have one, the losses will come easier. We need to pile on every win we can because we’re not going to the Super Bowl if the road to it goes through New Orleans. We need home field or this season will not end with #6. 

We can't win without Jimmy for a prolonged period of time. Last year is a testament to that. Kittle played in 16 games last year and the team finished 4-12.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

We can't win without Jimmy for a prolonged period of time. Last year is a testament to that. Kittle played in 16 games last year and the team finished 4-12.

Absolutely, and Mullens performed solid for a back up, but I went over his stats and he threw quite a bit of his TDs/yards when they score was by two plus scores. 

Jimmy G is able to control the game better and he's just a super clutch QB down the stretch. Some don't believe in the "clutch gene" but this man legitimately comes through almost every single time.