Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

20 minutes ago, straighthate said:

You’re missing my point. I’m just saying that we can say that about everyone on the team, but Kittle is a HUGE loss if he’s out. We need to ride this win streak out and Kittle sitting isn’t the way to do it. 

Kittle is a MONSTER, so it would definitely be a big loss. However, his health going forward is more important than anything else. What if he plays when he is clearly not ready and just makes it worse on himself and then has to miss like a month or potentially the rest of the season? 

I don’t think we’re in that situation. I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s in a bad spot. I think one poster has said sprained MCL but I haven’t seen any mention of that online. 

My thought is like Dee Ford. If he can play on Sunday, play him. If he misses practice time, that’s fine. I really think getting a first round bye is extremely important since we had such an early bye this year and could use the week off. Also, once again, I don’t think this is a team that can go into New Orleans in the playoffs and win. I think home field advantage is mode important this year with how talented they are than it would be in most other years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, straighthate said:

I get the next man up, we have talent elsewhere, etc. but Kittle is a bigger loss than any of the other guys that have gone down. Juice would be the most comparable for me. He is so important in our scheme and execution. He makes certain plays possible in the run and pass and changes both our talent and emotion on the field. I think it’s a little bit of overconfidence to those saying we’re fine if we sit him. Yeah, we can win without him. But we can win without Jimmy also. Doesn’t mean if he’s a little sore we rest him. 

I’m very hopeful that he can play and they’re just holding him out of practice to give him as much rest as possible. We’re due for a loss, and I think once we have one, the losses will come easier. We need to pile on every win we can because we’re not going to the Super Bowl if the road to it goes through New Orleans. We need home field or this season will not end with #6. 

I feel like the losses of players always force Kyle to think of new ways to run his offense. So far, we've witnessed a master at work. Except the mud bowl in Washington, every game he has been able to make the offense move the ball, even with injuries to players all around the offense. Pettis and Deebo have both been injured. Both tackles. Breida and Coleman have both been slowed down at times. Juice. Every time any of these guys can't be on the field, Kyle has to adjust, and yet we're 8-0. Well, the D has carried this team for most of the year, but at no point have we felt this offense was inept. Even with Brian Hoyer and a terrible roster, we could move the ball somewhat. But this year, it's mastery. So if we're to miss Kittle for a game or two, we'll see the adjustments. It will be lessened if Juice comes back. And with both tackles, Kyle might take a few more liberties with the route combinations. He will find something that works and build off of that. 

I have no illusion that we will win out. We will lose games. But I think the coaching will keep us in the games, and who knows, maybe it will come down to just one big play that one player or another could have made. But that's life. You play the cards you're dealt. I'm just confident that with this coaching staff and the improved depth, we'll find ways to win more often than not.

Just now, Forge said:

I don't think he's done for the year lol

I was playing. As long as Jimmy is healthy the offense won't completely crumble. Can't think of the last offense that was stopped dead in it's tracks because a tight end wasn't around. Kyle had good offenses before Kittle was in his life haha.

2 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

I think this kid has a little juice to him. Obviously not the caliber of Kittle, but he has enough to make two key plays in a game. I’m more worried about his blocking ability.

Will be fun to see, if that's how this goes; hope so. I would be delighted to see yet another backup player step into a starting spot and do it justice. :) 

#getemdwelley

• Like 1

If Sanders weren’t here and Kittle was out I would be worried, but with Sanders they can’t constantly put 8 and 9 in the box. I don’t think their corners are good enough to play him man up. The run game is going to be heavy and I think Coleman is going to have a big day receiving. On defense they have to get in Wilson’s face. He has some pretty good weapons especially with Gordon. I wish we took a flyer on him. 

5 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

If Sanders weren’t here and Kittle was out I would be worried, but with Sanders they can’t constantly put 8 and 9 in the box. I don’t think their corners are good enough to play him man up. The run game is going to be heavy and I think Coleman is going to have a big day receiving. On defense they have to get in Wilson’s face. He has some pretty good weapons especially with Gordon. I wish we took a flyer on him. 

Yeah I want to see the 6' 7" twin towers of Buck and AA give Midget some really tough challenges in the pass game. If they can get some push... obscure pass lanes, and bat some passes down? then indeed we can roll through. Those dudes Bosa and Ford can finish him off on the edges. :) 

• Like 2