Eagles cut Jordan Matthews

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Can he catch a ball when it is thrown to him? I'm not talking about YAC here but can the dude have a ball thrown his way and can he hold onto it? If so then he is lightyears ahead of 2 of the WRs we currently have on staff. 

Go Birds

MC

Hes had some bad drops but if the game is on the line and the ball hits him in the hands, I trust him to make the catch

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Idk. His hands were never great. Goedert needs to be close to an every down player. Him and Ertz are really all we got in the passing game at this point.

Sanders is actually good as a pass catching option. Hell I wouldn't even be opposed to us running 22 TBH.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This is an objective upgrade. At the very least, he will garner more targets than JJ and Hollins. He has more evidence in being a competent professional WR than either of them. Let him work the slot and see what he has. Hopefully these 2 weeks off let Alshon and Agholor get right mentally and physically.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

HOPEFULLY they let JMatt play out of the slot since Nelly isn't doing anything anyways. JMatt is better at the slot so let him play there.

This is a Golden Tate move, minus the draft pick.

I would have rather seen Ward or Green off the practice squad to provide speed on the outside.

• Like 1

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

This is a Golden Tate move, minus the draft pick.

I would have rather seen Ward or Green off the practice squad to provide speed on the outside.

Neither or them are burners, and who's to say we don't do both? We still have an extra roster spot right now with DeSean to IR and Sendejo being released. Things aren't set in stone. 

JMatt > Nelson Agholor right now TBCH

Just now, Danger said:

Neither or them are burners, and who's to say we don't do both? We still have an extra roster spot right now with DeSean to IR and Sendejo being released. Things aren't set in stone. 

JMatt > Nelson Agholor right now TBCH

I don't disagree but I doubt they more Agholor to the outside just because we signed JMatt. Outside WR is where we need the most help, Agholor has so far sucked at outside WR.

I'm hoping you're right and the other shoe to drop will be Ward.

I don't disagree but I doubt they more Agholor to the outside just because we signed JMatt. Outside WR is where we need the most help, Agholor has so far sucked at outside WR.

I'm hoping you're right and the other shoe to drop will be Ward.

Thing is Nelson is useless no matter where he is, wouldn't be against benching both him and Hollins bringing up someone from the PS, giving JJAW more time and Alshon less (not benched though)

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Thing is Nelson is useless no matter where he is, wouldn't be against benching both him and Hollins bringing up someone from the PS, giving JJAW more time and Alshon less (not benched though)

That's a move to make for a team that's out of the playoffs. We're trying to win a division.

That's a move to make for a team that's out of the playoffs. We're trying to win a division.

They've both sucked to unfathomable levels, though Nelson has sucked more. At this point I can't see JJ really being worse than Alshon frankly.

Only problem with Alshon is he is getting massively overpaid. Guy still is  an NFL quality WR and even with a drop here and there he still makes some plays week in and week out. The issue is he is being paid to be a number 1 guy and is playing like a number 3 guy.

There is absolutely no way JJ is better than Alshon at this point, if he was he would be on the field, end of story.

33 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Only problem with Alshon is he is getting massively overpaid. Guy still is  an NFL quality WR and even with a drop here and there he still makes some plays week in and week out. The issue is he is being paid to be a number 1 guy and is playing like a number 3 guy.

There is absolutely no way JJ is better than Alshon at this point, if he was he would be on the field, end of story.

Alshon has had horrendous hands all season long, he's probably slower than Zach Ertz, and even when he does catch the ball he just isn't aware of his surroundings and doesn't get any good YAC.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Oh boy. So excited to add another WR who can’t separate 

You can't really be picky, there's no better options on the market aside from AB, who is the definition of a basket case.

I understand what we have isn't good, and what we got isn't much better, but at this point in time it's the best we can do. We can take a closer look at the position in the offseason.

Just now, Danger said:

You can't really be picky, there's no better options on the market aside from AB, who is the definition of a basket case.

I understand what we have isn't good, and what we got isn't much better, but at this point in time it's the best we can do. We can take a closer look at the position in the offseason.

It was really dumb that they didn’t pick up Josh Gordon on waivers