Browns cut starting S Jermaine Whitehead following threatening Tweets

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't get why people have such a problem with teams treating fringe starters or backups a little different than franchise players

It's so irritating listening to fans try to argue their team is somehow superior to others in this regard.  Every single team does this.  Every one of them.  It's just reality.  For every instance where you can point to a team releasing a player for bad behavior, there are 2-3 more instances of them giving guys second chances because they were more talented.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Elky said:

Dumb. Safeties are supposed to be threatening and instill fear. He's not paid to be a boy scout.

Well when you also suck at tackling and in pass coverage and are a backup you can't do any of the above. Also, if you're actually serious I feel bad for you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yes, he wrote stupid stuff. No one actually was harmed. There should be consequences but I don't view it as bad as a violent act even though I understand some take it more seriously than some violent acts.

Technically he could be charged with the actions of making death threats, Cyber bullying

Edited by wwhickok

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Technically he could be charged with the actions of making death threats, Cyber bullying

As could hundreds of thousands every day. Pretty sure high ranking political figures even could.

Racial slurs and threats of violence shouldn't be tolerated even in social media but I also don't think it should be a lifetime ban as some have stated, it may have been a moment of weakness brought on by something. Now if they investigate and that is who he is all of the time then I could see them not wanting him to represent their company but there are many who have played that you could say that about who get more chances.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As could hundreds of thousands every day. Pretty sure high ranking political figures even could.

Racial slurs and threats of violence shouldn't be tolerated even in social media but I also don't think it should be a lifetime ban as some have stated, it may have been a moment of weakness brought on by something. Now if they investigate and that is who he is all of the time then I could see them not wanting him to represent their company but there are many who have played that you could say that about who get more chances.

I think he relegated himself to a lifetime ban by not being able to cover or tackle but then again, what do I know? 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I understand it, I just am a believer that character, at a certain point, should be more important than talent. Most NFL FOs disagree with me.

Also, let's not act like Jermaine "Hothead" Whitehead ACTUALLY killed someone. Had he been verbally assaulted in person...part of me wonders but he did make a threat and while that should be taken very seriously, it's not murder. He needs counseling, it's really that simple.

There is different stages of bad character. Some things should get the franchise players kicked out but it's not the same as for players that are lucky to be on the team to begin with

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Threats of violence are technically against the law.   I get alot of people do it online, but if youre a high profile person and you make a threat like that, its the employers discretion to take action.   The fact that said player a) made a violent threat and b)  isnt a good player made yhe decision easy.

Should he be BANNED?  No, but teams have a right to not sign him.

23 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Threats of violence are technically against the law.   I get alot of people do it online, but if youre a high profile person and you make a threat like that, its the employers discretion to take action.   The fact that said player a) made a violent threat and b)  isnt a good player made yhe decision easy.

Should he be BANNED?  No, but teams have a right to not sign him.

Sure, it's a free country you don't have to hire someone. He should be suspended for his actions also. I'm not pro Whitehead in any way some people are just going to extremes, I'd say 4 game suspension and an investigation to make sure he isn't a threat to anyone before being reinstated.

What he did should be a 2020 season suspension. Make an example of him and let ALL players know its unacceptable.

Violence, Hate, Racial, etc it's a problem far beyond the game of football. Idgaf how talented you are, it's a problem that needs to be taken seriously, no one should be above reproach. No one should be held to a lesser standard. If you can't handle someone telling you that your coverage sucks and oh btw Mr. Hothead, it does, maybe you should stay the hell off social media to begin with.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Make an example of him and let ALL players know its unacceptable.

ALL players are already aware and 2000 out of about 2050 of them manage to pull it off without any problems at all

But in keeping with your theme of creating awareness:
You are now banned from FF for the rest of the season so everybody here knows that angry, insensitive tweeting is unacceptable
Thanks for standing up for what's important and see you next Fall 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, Shanedorf said:

ALL players are already aware and 2000 out of about 2050 of them manage to pull it off without any problems at all

But in keeping with your theme of creating awareness:
You are now banned from FF for the rest of the season so everybody here knows that angry, insensitive tweeting is unacceptable
Thanks for standing up for what's important and see you next Fall 

Lmfao. It's not so much I think he should actually be banned from the NFL. Maybe that's a bit harsh but I do agree he needs some 'time off' to deal with his anger issues and work on his self control before being given a second chance.