Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers - Week 10

showtime

The long awaited game!  If you were to have asked me before the season, I did not see the 49ers being this good.  I thought they would have finished third in the division.  As the lone undefeated team remaining in the NFL, they have exceeded nearly everyone's expectations.  Seattle is having a great season as well with a 7-2 record.  At this point in the season, the Seahawks defense is still a big question mark.  Well, it's not actually a question mark - it's just not really that good.  On the flip side, the Niners boast an elite defensive unit that features the best defensive line in the league.  The Niners have a great running game, so I think Seattle has to come out and secure an early lead.  That's obviously tough to do since they can run the ball very well and they have a great defense, but you need to force the Niners to have to throw the football to have any chance of beating them.  The Seahawks boast an offense that is top 10 in passing and rushing, respectively.  Everyone is going to need to be on their A+ game.

Another interesting side note.  Richard Sherman is obviously on the Niners, so I'm sure he would love revenge on the Seahawks.  Will be fun watching Wilson vs Sherman on Monday night.

Absolutely awful match up for the Seahawks. '9ers D/O lines bullied and dominated the Hawks last time they played. Nick Mullens tore the defense to shreds. 9ers got BETTER in the trenches, and improved other aspects of their team as well. Seattle regressed in those areas. Its going to take a perfect game from Russell to prevent this game from getting out of hand. The only thing really going in Seattle's favor, is the fact its a prime time game, which Pete Carrols Seahawks have been stellar in. 

On 11/6/2019 at 11:33 AM, animaltested said:

Absolutely awful match up for the Seahawks. '9ers D/O lines bullied and dominated the Hawks last time they played. Nick Mullens tore the defense to shreds. 9ers got BETTER in the trenches, and improved other aspects of their team as well. Seattle regressed in those areas. Its going to take a perfect game from Russell to prevent this game from getting out of hand. The only thing really going in Seattle's favor, is the fact its a prime time game, which Pete Carrols Seahawks have been stellar in. 

I agree.  The Niners have one of the weaker passing offense's in the league, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a big day through the air on this defense.  I'm really worried about the Niners defensive line dominating this game.

19 hours ago, showtime said:

I agree.  The Niners have one of the weaker passing offense's in the league, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a big day through the air on this defense.  I'm really worried about the Niners defensive line dominating this game.

Weaker as in........? Just total yards and attempts? Sure, I mean this is a running team first. But in terms of pass efficiency and all the advance stats, this is far from a weak passing offense. 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Weaker as in........? Just total yards and attempts? Sure, I mean this is a running team first. But in terms of pass efficiency and all the advance stats, this is far from a weak passing offense. 

weaker as in we don't pass the ball in the 4th quarter that much since we have had a lot of double digit leads so we don't have the bulk stats

weaker as in Garoppolo has been hitting short, high percentage passes to have long drives and wear down defenses. We are #1 in TOP last I checked, by a significant margin too

seahawks are going to get boat raced on national TV. 41-24 NINERS

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

What else what I be talking about other than just raw stats that everyone uses to determine what a top 5, 10, etc offense and defense is?

Actually it is 2019, most don't just use raw stats anymore to determine if a team is a top 5, 10, etc offense and defense is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually it is 2019, most don't just use raw stats anymore to determine if a team is a top 5, 10, etc offense and defense is. 

idk bro.  ESPN has them as like 22nd in passing yards per game and around the same rank in total passing yards.

That seems pretty simple to me.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? Who is arguing how many passing YPG the team is averaging? 

I'm saying when I said the team is one of the weaker passing teams, it's because they were ranked 22nd in passing yards per game on ESPN.  That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I'm saying when I said the team is one of the weaker passing teams, it's because they were ranked 22nd in passing yards per game on ESPN.  That's all I'm saying.

Correct, and what I'm saying is passing YPG =/= how good/effective the passing game is. 

14 hours ago, showtime said:

That's basically the equivalent of saying a guy who hits 15 homers is a bad hitter. What if the guy is bating .400 with 15 homers? 

You are looking at bulk stats without giving any context to them if you are only looking at yards per game. That's how people looked at passing in 1974

This is 2019, there are soooo many new stats out there to provide context. I won't pretend to know them all, but here's some to get you started 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/glossary 

I don't see A/ya there, which is unfortunate. That's a MUCH better barometer to use than ypg lol