Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers - Week 10

showtime

3 hours ago, N4L said:

That's basically the equivalent of saying a guy who hits 15 homers is a bad hitter. What if the guy is bating .400 with 15 homers? 

You are looking at bulk stats without giving any context to them if you are only looking at yards per game. That's how people looked at passing in 1974

This is 2019, there are soooo many new stats out there to provide context. I won't pretend to know them all, but here's some to get you started 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/glossary 

I don't see A/ya there, which is unfortunate. That's a MUCH better barometer to use than ypg lol 

To be honest, I don't really care.  That's the point I'm trying to get across.  I just picked ESPN because it's really convenient.  I don't really care about looking up context and all these other type of stats.  It's really not that deep to me.

So no place to put it, but apparently Phil Haynes (2019 4th round pick) is getting reps at C, and the team seems to like his potential there. Not sure if this is a necessity thing (Joey Hunt is the only true center) or if there is actually some merit here. Writing might be on the wall as Justin Britt is concerned. Shame.

So trying to wrap my head around the vast improvement on defense. Obviously the pass rush, plus Jimmy's scatter shot were the two biggest reasons. But, I think Carroll-Norton trust Diggs to play that single high, which aloud for the in your face, uncomfortable close alignment Seattle has always ran. Saw a tidbit from Pete that one thing they have had to adjust to is they don't have a traditional edge, and haven't been able to run the Wide-9 Seattle has always ran (Irvin, Avril, Clark). Big reason the pass rush has suffered. Not being able to run single high, or wide 9 might be the reason the defense has continued to struggle, and the scheme seems so vanilla. Maybe with Diggs back there, they can be more aggressive. 

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

So trying to wrap my head around the vast improvement on defense. Obviously the pass rush, plus Jimmy's scatter shot were the two biggest reasons. But, I think Carroll-Norton trust Diggs to play that single high, which aloud for the in your face, uncomfortable close alignment Seattle has always ran. Saw a tidbit from Pete that one thing they have had to adjust to is they don't have a traditional edge, and haven't been able to run the Wide-9 Seattle has always ran (Irvin, Avril, Clark). Big reason the pass rush has suffered. Not being able to run single high, or wide 9 might be the reason the defense has continued to struggle, and the scheme seems so vanilla. Maybe with Diggs back there, they can be more aggressive. 

Agreed.  Diggs was an amazing pickup.