2020 Senior Bowl Invite Thread

tannenballs

On 11/6/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ozzy said:

Jared Pinkney has greatly disappointed this year, he has been totally not a factor in many games Vandy has played this year.  Huge disappointment no doubt about it I feel, has not made much of an impact as a pass catcher at all and probably got a little over hyped off of what he did last year honestly.  1st round?  No freaking way on that.  Cole Kmet is way better and has more upside I feel, not to mention Okwuegbunam is better than him also arguably.  And Jacob Breeland is better than Pinkney as well, or at least was playing that way before he sadly got injured this season.  

And Bryce Hopkins I like, I think he is a promising player but the Vernon Davis talk?  Vernon Davis is arguably the most athletically impressive TE in terms of pure speed and power to ever come into the NFL and is potentially a Hall of Famer.  Brycen Hopkins is not that and will not be a top 10 pick either obviously.  Davis ran a 4.38 40 time, I mean come on that is amazing and Hopkins is simply not that elite of an athlete if you are comparing him to Vernon Davis in terms of athletic ability.  Hopkins is probably a mid round draft pick most likely.

See, I think it's more of Pinkney not being featured enough on a bad team. I mean, he obviously hasn't been as good as last year but I don't think he's been as bad as you're implying from what I've seen. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

As far as Hopkins goes, I was comparing his immediate explosion to Vernon Davis, not power or long speed. Sorry if it doesn't seem that way. Davis is the greatest athlete at the tight end position of all time. Hopkins doesn't have great strength or weight, but he does have elite explosion, regardless of level of competition. I could watch him react to the snap all day. I think a team will fall in love with him, and like I said, wouldn't be surprised to run in the upper 4.4s range and be drafted late in round 1. I mean, I like his projection better than Noah Fant, personally. 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, tannenballs said:

Who does the forum think are the 6 Quarterbacks this year? 

Well, both Herbert and Eason are eligible. As is Hurts. I'll guess that two of the three enter the Senior Bowl, but it would be a treat to see all three there and how they stack up directly in comparison to each other. I would say that Eason and Hurts need it more than Herbert does, but I thought Kyler needed the Senior Bowl last year and apparently he didn't. Still, in 2018 Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen were both in the Senior Bowl, and they were top-10 draft picks. 

What do you think, @Ozzy?

Edited by HoboRocket

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Well, both Herbert and Eason are eligible. As is Hurts. I'll guess that two of the three enter the Senior Bowl, but it would be a treat to see all three there and how they stack up directly in comparison to each other. I would say that Eason and Hurts need it more than Herbert does, but I thought Kyler needed the Senior Bowl last year and apparently he didn't. Still, in 2018 Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen were both in the Senior Bowl, and they were top-10 draft picks. 

What do you think, @Ozzy?

What about Burrow isn't he a senior?

Tennessee has 5 seniors I think will make NFL rosters.  I'll be interested to see if any get invited.

1. LB Daniel Bituli - great size and athleticism....reminds me of Darius Leonard physically....struggled with minor injuries in college....potentially a Day 2 pick....could be a quality NFL starter

2. WR Jauan Jennings - lacks great speed and athleticism....very physical possesion receiver....reminds me of 90s WR Carl Pickens.....will be an excellent gunner on special teams....another guy who could be a Day 2 pick

3. WR Marquez Callaway - great talent for making contested catches....lacks elite top end speed....reminds me of Deandre Hopkins in terms of skillset.....40 time will be huge for him.....most likely a Day 3 pick right now that surprises in the NFL

4. LB Darrell Taylor - classic 3-4 OLB.....not really polished as a pass rusher but nice physical tools... reminds me of Brian Orakpo physically.....Day 3 pick who could develop into a starter

5. S Nigel Warrior - box safety.....decent athlete.....reminds me of 90s safety Carnell Lake.....will be interesting to see how he fits in the modern NFL.....could sneak into Day 3 or most likely will be an UDFA that makes a roster

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VanS said:

Tennessee has 5 seniors I think will make NFL rosters.  I'll be interested to see if any get invited.

1. LB Daniel Bituli - great size and athleticism....reminds me of Darius Leonard physically....struggled with minor injuries in college....potentially a Day 2 pick....could be a quality NFL starter

2. WR Jauan Jennings - lacks great speed and athleticism....very physical possesion receiver....reminds me of 90s WR Carl Pickens.....will be an excellent gunner on special teams....another guy who could be a Day 2 pick

3. WR Marquez Callaway - great talent for making contested catches....lacks elite top end speed....reminds me of Deandre Hopkins in terms of skillset.....40 time will be huge for him.....most likely a Day 3 pick right now that surprises in the NFL

4. LB Darrell Taylor - classic 3-4 OLB.....not really polished as a pass rusher but nice physical tools... reminds me of Brian Orakpo physically.....Day 3 pick who could develop into a starter

5. S Nigel Warrior - box safety.....decent athlete.....reminds me of 90s safety Carnell Lake.....will be interesting to see how he fits in the modern NFL.....could sneak into Day 3 or most likely will be an UDFA that makes a roster

Bituli is a bad athlete and horrible in coverage, he looked like Lurch against Georgia

Don't necessarily disagree with anything else except the part about Jennings covering kicks. He's too slow to ever be a Gunner. If you want to see an excellent Gunner watch Tyrie Cleveland at Florida

Edited by tannenballs

14 minutes ago, tannenballs said:

Bituli is a bad athlete and horrible in coverage, he looked like Lurch against Georgia

I don't know about that game cause I didn't watch it.  But having watched Bituli since 2016 (his freshmen year) bad athlete isn't close to how I would describe him.  I'd say he's closer to freak athlete.

Its possible you maybe saw him in a game where he wasn't 100% healthy.  He has dealt with lots of little injuries his entire career.   When I've watched him play his physical gifts are what stand out to me the most. 

21 minutes ago, VanS said:

I don't know about that game cause I didn't watch it.  But having watched Bituli since 2016 (his freshmen year) bad athlete isn't close to how I would describe him.  I'd say he's closer to freak athlete.

Its possible you maybe saw him in a game where he wasn't 100% healthy.  He has dealt with lots of little injuries his entire career.   When I've watched him play his physical gifts are what stand out to me the most. 

Very possible same injuries have derailed his physical gifts. Just haven't seen it from him this year. Ozzy what do you think?

Edited by tannenballs

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

So is Collin Johnson actually good or is he just a H/W/S guy?

For me atleast he’s extremely frustrating, has games where you think he’s put it all together. He’s surprisingly a plus route runner which isn’t all that common with WRs that big, and does well in and out of cuts. But you rarely see him physically dominate CBs with his size and he’s probably below average on 50/50 balls which is absurd for a guy who’s 6’5”/6’6”. His hands also waver at times and then there’s the constant little injuries that happen often. All the tools are there, and even the difficult skills to master for bigger WRs are better than one would think but the things his size would lead you to believe about his game are lacking for me.

To sum him up he’s just soft, wish he had the mentality of his teammates Eagles or Duvernay, or Humphrey from last year.

Edited by Fureys49ers

11 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

For me atleast he’s extremely frustrating, has games where you think he’s put it all together. He’s surprisingly a plus route runner which isn’t all that common with WRs that big, and does well in and out of cuts. But you rarely see him physically dominate CBs with his size and he’s probably below average on 50/50 balls which is absurd for a guy who’s 6’5”/6’6”. His hands also waver at times and then there’s the constant little injuries that happen often. All the tools are there, and even the difficult skills to master for bigger WRs are better than one would think but the things his size would lead you to believe about his game are lacking for me.

To sum him up he’s just soft, wish he had the mentality of his teammates Eagles or Duvernay, or Humphrey from last year.

Reminds me of James Hardy (RIP)