Week 10 GDT: Battle of Lake Erie!

Trentwannabe

So I am gone for a few days and this forum just dies? Come on man!

Last 5 games:
2016: Browns 13 @ Bills 33
2014: Browns 10 @ Bills 26
2013: Bills 24 @ Browns 37
2012: Bills 24 @ Browns 14
2010: Browns 6 @ Bills 13

Bills have won 4 of the last 5 games. The home team has won 4 of the last 5 games as well.

Same Faces, New places:
Bills FS Jordan Poyer was picked up by the Browns in 2013 and spent 4 years there.
Bills OC Brian Daboll served in the same position for the Browns for the 2009-2010 seasons
Browns OG Wyatt Teller was acquired from the Bills this past August. 

Fun Facts:
Bills OT Cody Ford and Browns QB Baker Mayfield were teammates at Oklahoma from 2015-2017.
Browns DC Steve Wilks and LB coach Al Holcombe coached under Sean McDermott in Carolina. 
Browns Defensive coach Chris Jones was the HC in Saskatchewan (CFL) while Bills WR Duke Williams was a member of Edmonton Eskimos. 
Bills DE Jerry Hughes scored his first professional touchdown against Cleveland on a fumble return in 2014.
ESPN reported in January that the  Browns wanted to hire Sean McDermott as HC in 2016 but owner Jimmy Haslam preferred Hue Jackson. 

The Stats:

Bills Offense
Offense Yds/gm - 23rd
Offense Yds/play - 19th
Offense Rush yds/gm - 11th
Offense Rush yds/play - 11th
Offense Pass yds/gm - 26th
Offense Pass yds/play - 22nd
Offense PTS - 23rd (19.8)

Bills Defense
Defense Yds/gm - 3rd
Defense Yds/play - 3rd
Defense Rush yds/gm - 19th
Defense Rush yds/play - 19th
Defense Pass yds/gm - 3rd
Defense Pass yds/play - 3rd
Defense PTS - 3rd (16.4)

Browns Offense
Offense Yds/gm - 19th
Offense Yds/play - 16th
Offense Rush yds/gm - 13th
Offense Pass yds/gm - 17th
Offense PTS - 25th (19)

Browns Defense 
Defense Yds/gm - 18th
Defense Yds/play - 20th
Defense Rush yds/gm - 30th
Defense Pass yds/gm - 6th
Defense PTS - 23rd (25.6)

Analysis:
I don't have much to say about this game. The Browns, a team I was very excited for, are being out-coached and out-classed almost every week. The Bills lack difference makers on offense but last week Devin Singletary showed with more touches he can take over a game. WR John Brown has been a steal from free agency. He is on pace for over 1200 yards - the first Bills player since Lee Evans - to do such a thing. Josh Allen continues to progress and has not thrown an INT since the 3rd quarter against Tennessee in week 5. Defensively the Bills have become a question mark against the run. First the Eagles exposed them and then AP rushed for 100 yards in the first half. The Bills tighten things up in the second half last week and they'll need to ensure they can do it again this week as they face one of the AFC best backs in Nick Chubb and recently reinstated Kareem Hunt. The best way to ensure a top run defense? Score a lot of points on offense. 

Key match-ups to watch:
DE Myles Garrett vs. Dion Dawkins and Ty Nsehke
CB Tre White vs. WR Odell Beckham Jr. 
DT Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips vs. C JC Tretter and Joel Bitonio 
QB Baker Mayfield vs Bills secondary.

I decided to change my score prediction, I am high on cold medicine and feel like the Bills can really usually this game as a stepping stone towards the playoffs. I think the Bills defense is going to confuse Mayfield and force him into several mistakes. The Bills will likely sell out to stop the run and create pressure while doing so. Offensively the Bills should get the run game going with Singletary and Gore which will allow Allen to pick them apart with play-action passes to Brown. This smells like a trap game but I'm praying McDermott and his staff get this team ready and a small blow-out win becomes attainable. 

Bills 31
Browns 10.

Edited by Trentwannabe

I'll honestly be kind of shocked if we win. Our offense is still discombobulated. We didn't have too many problems moving the ball up and down the field the past two weeks, but self-inflicted wounds costed us vs. New England and we simply couldn't capitalize in the RZ vs. Denver. Your defense will be a huge challenge for our offense. Offensively you guys just need to run the ball and control the clock. If you do that and your defense plays like it has all season, then there's no reason Buffalo won't win.

I can't wait for this game on Sunday I really think we should win with our Defense being elite and there QB struggling plus bad calls from there coach but it could be a huge disappointment because Hunt is coming back making his first appearance as a Brown.  The key to this game will be the line of scrimmage if we control it I think we win but if we allow the Browns to run all over us I can see myself throwing something thru my TV.  I was really high on a couple of Browns players that they drafted the past 2 years.  First I loved Baker and I wanted him to fall to the Bills second I was a big fan of Chubb another player I wanted the Bills to draft and lastly I really thought highly of Greedy Williams and when we passed on him in the 2nd round I couldn't believe it.  Now time has passed and I don't look to bright to be high on those players but I'd like to see how they preform on Sunday.  Either way Buffalo wins because we got my favorite player Jordan Poyer from Cleveland and his gorgeous wife Rachel Bush wearing Buffalo gear is breathe taken.  On the field I see Buffalo winning 20-13 we escape with a W.

56 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think both our fan bases are so use to losing or heart break that you guys expect your disaster season to continue and we expect a letdown game. 

I just don't want any hope that we'll win this game only to be let down again. I'd rather have zero expectations of a win and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen. 😆

Browns and Bills will be dictated on Penalties and Turnovers. Just because they are 2-6 and Bills are 6-2 doesn't mean much as Bills havent shown they are able to dominate teams. They find ways of winning but they have issues with trying to run away with it. The Browns weapons on offense is a huge thing and I can see Levi struggling to cover Landry or Callaway as he has struggled greatly the past few weeks. Chubb will be running against this putrid run defense, hopefully the addition to Luiget would help prevent that from happening. The one good thing is Baker leads the league in turnovers with out being under duress, so he is bound to make a mistake without having to pressure him. I do not see Hunt coming in being a difference maker simply because Chubb has been able to run well against teams. The Bills offense may have a tough time facing Garrett, Dawkins will have his work cut out for him and hopefully Daboll will play it mart and add some TE blocking help to chip at him to prevent him continuing his sack collection. If the offense can play clean like they did last week without turnovers and minimizing the penalties, along with consistently running the ball as the browns d has been struggling with it then they will eek out the win but if they are sloppy like they were against New England and Philly, then browns will take the win.

One less thing that may sound tasteless from a bills fan but needs to be said..... I want one nasty blindside shot on Landry maybe from Hyde this weekend, as I am tired of that guy being so cheap with his dirty blindside hits. Ending the career of a Safety and then the cheap shot last year isnt necessary in this league and I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine. 

If Daboll is reading this No freaking QB designed runs this week!!!!!