Week 10 GDT: Battle of Lake Erie!

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

That play to Brown infuriates me.

Throw to the middle of the field, you have a god damn timeout. Haush hasn't hit from 50 in a month.

I don’t know what it is about coaches / players. They become absolutely terrified of attacking the middle of the field late in a game, even WITH plenty of time and timeout(s). 

Edited by candyman93

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

That play to Brown infuriates me.

Throw to the middle of the field, you have a god damn timeout. Haush hasn't hit from 50 in a month.

Have seen on twitter the play brought up a few times. One post from Cover 1 showed that Josh Allen changed Brown's route to a go because of cover 1. 

Its really depressing if you watch the play and look at Cole Beasley. 

3 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Was really impressed with your blocking and Josh Allen in general. It also seemed you easily identified zone and man on a regular basis and accordingly ran routes to beat it... Was a little disappointed in Wilks disguising ability.

That may haunt you guys somewhere down the road, but it should have been (and was) a total non-factor in this game. Be disappointed in Wilks all you want, but at the end of the day, WE were the ones with the imbecile for a coordinator. How else do you explain handing the ball off to your HEALTHY & BEST RB just 8 times against a run D that was ranked 30th in the league?!? And after the kid had already proven he could handle and excel in a heavy workload?!? Nope. Our offensive genius chose to pass 41 times instead, even with real-time evidence of running success (5+ YPC)! Wilks put your DB's in position to swat the ball away multiple times...hurting our chances to move the sticks in big chunks and/or score. Trust me, our dumbass can out-idiot your "dumbass" any day of the week!

53 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

That may haunt you guys somewhere down the road, but it should have been (and was) a total non-factor in this game. Be disappointed in Wilks all you want, but at the end of the day, WE were the ones with the imbecile for a coordinator. How else do you explain handing the ball off to your HEALTHY & BEST RB just 8 times against a run D that was ranked 30th in the league?!? And after the kid had already proven he could handle and excel in a heavy workload?!? Nope. Our offensive genius chose to pass 41 times instead, even with real-time evidence of running success (5+ YPC)! Wilks put your DB's in position to swat the ball away multiple times...hurting our chances to move the sticks in big chunks and/or score. Trust me, our dumbass can out-idiot your "dumbass" any day of the week!

While I don't think our run defense is as bad as stats indicate, your overall point is right. I said it before the game, you guys just needed to control the clock by running the ball and not give us many opportunities to score points. Instead Daboll decides to have his inconsistent young QB throw a ton against our pretty good pass defense (although, like how our run defense isn't as bad as stats indicate, I don't think our pass defense is as good as the stats say).

How Daboll has a job as an OC is beyond me. He was awful in Cleveland years ago and it seems like he hasn't gotten any better. Get a new OC, a couple more weapons at receiver, and then you guys should be good to go IF Allen continues to improve and become a more consistent QB. He had his moments yesterday but was also totally off on some relatively easy throws.

15 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Agreed, Daboll is terrible. It seemed to me that man was working really well for Cleveland but then they ran rubs and got Beasley wide open a couple times. When we ran zone it seems like Allen new it right away and took advantage.

Im not going to rant about this because it seems to be the trend every dang week with this bills team: DABOLL RUN THE BALL 30 TIMES, IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR RUNNING THE BALL TO MUCH RUN IT 10 MORE TIMES........AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CUT LEE SMITH!!!!!!

Edited by soflbillsfan