ADOPT-A-REDSKIN 9pm Friday - READ THE POST FOR NEW RULES!!!!!

Thaiphoon

OK THE ANNUAL ADOPT-A-REDSKIN IS COMING THIS FRIDAY!!!

Starting at 9pm EST this Friday, we will start our bidding for our favorite Redskins (**)

MOST of the rules are the same as previous years. We have added some twists.

Rules that have remained:

1) You have 5 points to spend on any player (or players) you like.

2) The person whose bid has stood for 24 hours, gets awarded that player.

3) Once you lose out on a player, your points are able to be used

4) You can rescind your bids at any time.

5) Bids that occur before the start are null and void.

WHAT HAS CHANGED??

Woz and I have decided to change it up a bit, so that you:

6) Cannot bid more than 1 point on an opening bid, and

7) No more than 2 points on a raise (must wait an hour before you self-raise, but you can raise another's bid immediately; 5 point max as per usual)

What does this mean to your bids?

It means no automatic wins with you bidding 5 points automatically on a player and grabbing them within 20 seconds of the start. It leads to a bit of competition between you and other posters as to who wants the player.

Please excuse the font size, but I don't want you guys not understanding the rules and see some yahoo bidding 5 points as an opening bid and thinking they won the player. Don't complain later that you didn't understand the rules, because I've laid them out above.

Ok, now for some administrative things.

8) Improper bids (that do not conform to the bidding rules above) are null and void. 

9) Woz and myself are final arbiters on what is legal.

10) (**) No bidding on my "Misfit Toys"

Looking forward to a bit of competition this year fellas! Get crackin'!

One question though because when I read rules I want to make sure I'm like the bill belechick of them lol so if someone puts the bid in. So it's one point. You can only bid one point over or you can make it 3 points by bidding 2 more? I'm pretty sure you mean if they bid one then you can make the bid 2 right? Just checking lol

21 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

One question though because when I read rules I want to make sure I'm like the bill belechick of them lol so if someone puts the bid in. So it's one point. You can only bid one point over or you can make it 3 points by bidding 2 more? I'm pretty sure you mean if they bid one then you can make the bid 2 right? Just checking lol

1 point for initial bid.

Raises are capped at 2 points.

You have to wait an hour to raise your own bid. But you can raise someone else's bid immediately.

27 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Boy's I'm going to have to forfeit on this tonight. Met this very hot UCLA Coed and we are heading to Seven Grand later for Happy Hour. Zach Brown vs a Tall, Blonde and Adventurous grad student. An easy choice my brothers. Doc OOOOOUUUUUTTTTTT 

Oh I'm sure there will be plenty of players left tomorrow.

Archived