Re-Rank the 9 Drafted QBs (2016-2018) Including Baker We had the Ability to Select

Mind Character

I think that everyone knows how I feel and felt about Watson.

After JFF, we weren't touching Dak after his DUI right before the draft, fair or not.

I know what you mean by saying we had the "opportunity" to get Mahomes, but we weren't going to draft him because of Myles. In hindsight, they definitely would go back and remake that pick though, but then again, we likely don't go 0-16 the next year and have the #1 pick either.

To me, it's a 3 horse argument between Mahomes, Wentz, and Watson.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roger murdock said:

1. Mahommes

2. Watson

3. Mayfield

4. Wentz

5. Jackson

6. Allen

7. Prescott

8. Brissett

9. Darnold

This is how I would take them if I had my pick of the litter.

Currently, Prescott below Josh Allen is insane. Dak gets no love; his rushing and passing production is consistently very good each year.

Currently, Wentz below Mayfield is hard to see when Wentz had an MVP type season before going down with injury, another good season, and one now while battling through poor OLine/WR play.

I could see it making some sense you mean that's how you'll see it down the line.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Currently, Prescott below Josh Allen is insane. Dak gets no love; his rushing and passing production is consistently very good each year.

Currently, Wentz below Mayfield is hard to see when Wentz had an MVP type season before going down with injury, another good season, and one now while battling through poor OLine/WR play.

I could see it making some sense you mean that's how you'll see it down the line.

Down the line. Allen is definitely underrated though. I think hes going to be a Cam Newtonesque player.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Those were where I think it'll be at the end of next year

Currently, it's:

1a.) Patrick Mahomes,

1b.) Deshaun Watson,

3a.) Carson Wentz,

3b.) Dak Prescott,

5.) Jacoby Brissett,

6.) Lamar Jackson,

7.) Baker Mayfield, 

8.) Josh Allen

9.) Sam Darnold

Has Darnold been that bad that hes below Baker and Allen

19 minutes ago, OhioG said:

Has Darnold been that bad that hes below Baker and Allen

There's not a lot separating them but there is some separation.. Darnold going down with mono early and the terrible OLine with Gase kind of have led this to be a throw-away season for him. He played 5 games; 1 of which he was playing through mono. So, in 4 games he had one special performance that had a bad redzone INT against the Cowboys, but the other 3 games have been bad for a wide variety of reasons with Sam's Patriots game being the worse game either Allen, Baker, or Darnold has played.

His best game against the Cowboys was the best game played by any of the 3 this year in terms of big time throws, anticipation, pocket movement avoiding the blitz, etc.

Baker's game against the Ravens was 2nd. 

Throw out the box-score stats...  Josh Allen is terrible almost every game. He makes plays with his legs but he misses worse than anyone and his team often wins in spite of him. However, Allen's made more winning plays consistently than either of Baker and Darnold this year.

So, it's close, but ultimately I do think it goes Josh Allen then Baker then Darnold. I guess one can get into what Allen and Darnold have to work with in terms of WRs versus Baker and comparing the Jets OLine versus others or Darnold dealing with mono and Allen and Baker being mostly healthy.

If because of the Cowboys game where Darnold was dialed in someone wants to put him ahead I guess, but Baker's played better in spots.

Edited by Mind Character

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You guys are gluttons for punishment.

I hope that "you guys" is an all inclusive statement. We are all Browns fans posting in this forum after all...most of us going on about 15-16 years. I started posting here in the first W administration.

Glad to see nothing has changed since then, especially from a Win/Loss perspective.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I hope that "you guys" is an all inclusive statement. We are all Browns fans posting in this forum after all...most of us going on about 15-16 years. I started posting here in the first W administration.

Glad to see nothing has changed since then, especially from a Win/Loss perspective.

I mean for from the perspective of “let’s see how many franchise QB’s we passed on”.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean for from the perspective of “let’s see how many franchise QB’s we passed on”.

I operate under the assumption that we would have totally messed them up anyway. We draft Mahomes and throw him out there before he's ready on that 0-16 team, he probably gets happy feet, doesn't fix his mechanics, and turns into athletic Jay Cutler.

• Like 4