GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was 19 seconds on the 1. That's fine. Williams and another presnap penalty made it look like a bad decision.

I disagree. They came out with 4 wide at the 2 yard line, they didn't have a timeout for each down, meaning the run play is not in the option for all 3 plays, which means we are predictable.   We could of easily ran a play at 35 seconds to not let this happen.

I like the call still. We still can go up 2 possessions after half. A 7 point lead Carolina can keep their gameplan, 11 points means they have to throw (Kyle Allen in snow =gg).

With that said, I do get that a fg is a 99% make while a td is like a 40%, so your expected points are higher kicking.

1 minute ago, waterfish_21 said:

I disagree. They came out with 4 wide at the 2 yard line, they didn't have a timeout for each down, meaning the run play is not in the option for all 3 plays, which means we are predictable.   We could of easily ran a play at 35 seconds to not let this happen.

We had 2 TOs. Not predictable at all, we could've run or passed. It was the penalty that ruined it.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

The call to go for it was fine. The play call itself was fine. Bak just did a total **** job, end of story.

^ this

The team has scored four of their 10 rushing TDs from the 1 or 2. Three more from the 3. Execution was just actual garbage.

Ryan Wood:  My thought on last play: It's about what Matt LaFleur, a first-year HC, is telling his team. Yeah, he could've taken the 3 points, but the message clearly would be he doesn't trust his guys to get the yard. Got to show that trust and confidence, and he did. It just didn't work.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We had 2 TOs. Not predictable at all, we could've run or passed. It was the penalty that ruined it.

If we run it and don't get it, we have to use a timeout.  1 timeout left with 15 seconds or less, if we do run it again and don't get in, we use another timeout and we are at 3rd and goal with out a timeout in the case we want to run it, we have to make it or can't go for a field goal.  That's predictable.  Also the reason we lined up in 4 wide single back from the 2 yard line.

Just now, waterfish_21 said:

If we run it and don't get it, we have to use a timeout.  1 timeout left with 15 seconds or less, if we do run it again and don't get in, we use another timeout and we are at 3rd and goal with out a timeout in the case we want to run it, we have to make it or can't go for a field goal.  That's predictable.  Also the reason we lined up in 4 wide single back from the 2 yard line.

The goal is to score on 1st down there, not what happens if we get to 3rd down. 1st and 2nd down we could've run whatever we wanted.