GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He, like all the DBs were trying not to slip and fall down and give up a big play. The receivers clearly had an edge because they knew where they were going. The 4th and 10 was a blatant push off that Carolina got away with too. 

Allen also got away with a clear grounding call. I mean he pushed the ball out so he wouldnt be sacked and their wasnt a WR within 10 yards of the ball.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He, like all the DBs were trying not to slip and fall down and give up a big play. The receivers clearly had an edge because they knew where they were going. The 4th and 10 was a blatant push off that Carolina got away with too. 

I know .. tough conditions.  No call on an obvious intentional grounding late almost led to me throwing a remote across the room.

Well. That was a really fun game to watch, besides Aikmans passive aggressive shots at Rodgers and his constant whining whenever things went away from the panthers.

rodgers played really well again, even tho his box score is far from impressive. I would have liked to have seen more touches for Jones. Adams was impressive.

doesnt feel like we are an 8-2 team, feels more like a 6-4 team...but I’m happy either way.

bye week depression is coming. Think I’ll try to find a lady to spend some quality time with next weekend, if you know what I mean. Peace ****ers.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It was close because Rodgers stunk today.

I agree.  He still wants to hold the ball in hopes for the illusive big play, when he's playing against a team who had no ability to stop the run or the short pass.  We nearly had one of those games where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  I was legit upset a few times late in this one.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Had them 8-2 going into the bye but had them losing to KC and beating LA. This team needs to learn how to finish opponents off. Too many down to the wire victories with this team so healthy.

We've had some damn great finishing drives this season already. Strength of this team TBH.

• Like 1

Kevin King looks like a guy that doesn't trust his hammy right now. Especially in that snow. Hopefully he made it out clean and the 2 weeks get him back to health. Martinez too.

There were some positive signs from the D on this one. I thought the pass rush was MUCH better. They kept McCaffrey from the big play and I felt like we actually had LBs in positions to stop the run, unlike last week. Small improvement.

Rodgers took a step back in this one, the delay of game is absolutely inexcusable there. Unreal almost for a vet QB at home to be that dumb. He needs his *** chewed for that. Missed some throws and made some others, hopefully he comes out of the bye more like weeks 4-8 Rodgers.

• Like 1