GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Couple of coaching errors.  Should have taken the points to close out the half.  Hated that call.  4th and 3 from the 34 should have gone for it.  Left too much time on the clock and it almost cost us.  Don't trust the D.  Chickencrap call.  Rodgers electing to go for a bomb instead of moving the chains on 4th and 7 poor decision.  He could have ran for it.  Defense did play a bit better but still lacking.  

Hey it's a win and that's great 8-2 is a hell of a record.  Much better than I would have expected.  NO lost today at home and that was also huge.  Need Minny to drop one against Dallas and we will be looking pretty heading into the bye.  Just really happy they won but still have to clean a few things up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Couple of coaching errors.  Should have taken the points to close out the half.  Hated that call.  4th and 3 from the 34 should have gone for it.  Left too much time on the clock and it almost cost us.  Don't trust the D.  Chickencrap call.  Rodgers electing to go for a bomb instead of moving the chains on 4th and 7 poor decision.  He could have ran for it.  Defense did play a bit better but still lacking.  

agree on both counts there

I owe McCarthy a big apology, all this time I thought it was his fault we kept wasting timeouts and getting delay of game penalties. This is all on Rodgers. I don't get why he can't get the ball snapped. Getting a delay of game penalties at home is inexcusable. You would expect a 15 year vet not to continue to make those mistakes, it almost lost us the game. The defense never should've been in that position.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Especially those last two drives - terrible clock management and decisions in that stretch.

This and LaFleur is a rookie coach for sure.  His play calling, decision making and clock management indeed needs to get better.  Rodgers is not the Rodgers of old;  getting north of 35 is not a good look for any QB.  That being said, the win was sweet and a bye to refresh is welcome.  Never been a fan of Dallas but tonight I am.  

• Like 1