GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Jones was absent for that entire drive before the half .. we came away with nothing.  You'd have thought we could have worked him in on a few plays on that drive.

The last drive before the half had nothing to do with not having Jones. We moved the ball very well.  It was just a bad last play. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The last drive before the half had nothing to do with not having Jones. We moved the ball very well.  It was just a bad last play. 

You can't say that .. Jones has better ability than anyone we have to take one into the endzone.  He's leading the league in TD's .. think he might have made a difference on that drive.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

You can't say that .. Jones has better ability than anyone we have to take one into the endzone.  He's leading the league in TD's .. think he might have made a difference on that drive.

Williams was hit as he took the handoff.  It was on the left side of the line.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers not airmailing a pass to an open Lazard and having Jones or Williams in there does not matter

• Like 1

They didn't win by much, but there were a lot of things to like about this game:

The O-line bounced back with very good run blocking and good enough pass blocking. 

Aaron Rodgers threw the ball to Davante Adams in the flow of the game rather than forcing it to him, as he has in the past. 

Jace Sternberger was on the field a lot. He was not targeted, but he did not embarrass himself out there, and I saw him make a nice block on a TD run. 

Ibraheim Campbell was also on the field a lot. He could be an important player for us down the stretch. 

Kenny Clark made some plays for the first time in ages. 

The defense looked like it was playing with a little more attitude--and they got the job done at the end. 

It did not feel like a lucky win. On to San Francisco!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Normally I’d agree.  On that last play, Bahk totally blew his assignment and Williams - and most likely Jones - wouldn’t stand a chance on that play.

• Like 1

Going for the TD on the 1-yard-line to end the half was the right call as far as I'm concerned. It's a percentage play. It's a better than 50% chance to get 7 points, instead of a near 100% chance to get three points. And the O-line was getting a good push on most running plays. They just blew it on that one. Such is football. 

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Normally I’d agree.  On that last play, Bahk totally blew his assignment and Williams - and most likely Jones - wouldn’t stand a chance on that play.

Maybe they call the drive a little differently if Jones is mixed in on that last drive.  I am not talking about a Jones vs. Williams on that last play.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It wasn't bad ... it was terrible. Rollout,  bootleg, run fake and pass all better options. Take the 3 pts, get the 2nd kickoff and score!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

They didn't win by much, but there were a lot of things to like about this game:

The O-line bounced back with very good run blocking and good enough pass blocking. 

Agree completely.   I think CAR came into the game league leader in sacks.

Aaron Rodgers threw the ball to Davante Adams in the flow of the game rather than forcing it to him, as he has in the past. 

Will be interesting to see snap counts, but Lazard was 2nd in targets with 6.  Looks like he is establishing himself as the #2 WR

Jace Sternberger was on the field a lot. He was not targeted, but he did not embarrass himself out there, and I saw him make a nice block on a TD run. 

Ibraheim Campbell was also on the field a lot. He could be an important player for us down the stretch. 

Kenny Clark made some plays for the first time in ages. 

Clark was getting much better pressure in the pass game and seemed more slippery getting off blocks vs the run.  I think GB played more 3DL with Adams, CLark and Lowry today.  Snap counts will need to be checked on that.

The defense looked like it was playing with a little more attitude--and they got the job done at the end. 

It did not feel like a lucky win. On to San Francisco!

Just now, coachbuns said:

It wasn't bad ... it was terrible. Rollout,  bootleg, run fake and pass all better options. Take the 3 pts, get the 2nd kickoff and score!

No, 

Run plays have a success rate of like 60% on the goal line. Passes are like 45%. 

If you want to argue Lewis should have been the only TE, and run it out of a more spread look,  I'd agree,  but this was the right call. 

3 things:

First, Kenny Clark played his best game since Week 2.

Second, we have stopped throwing the ball to the RBs out the backfield and our offense hasn't been as good.

Third, someone needs to find out if King is being told to play 10 yards off his man or whether he's just playing that way. If he can't play up on his guy, I'd sit him down. He's a liability out there right now.

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I think that was probably the way to go.  The run up the middle was about as unimaginative as you can get ... especially when you know that the QB is no threat to sneak it.